Two bolts is not enough to hold....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
....your AC compressor to the wrong bracket.

s40f7f9f527117.jpg

A nice green hue on the block.

s40f7fa24ef52f.jpg

And yes kids, the header is real fuckin' hot.

s40f7fa8377a24.jpg

Anyway, it blows because the P54 bracket which is the right one, wasn't used in Germany for Civic/Del Sols only CRVs and it has to be special ordered and cost about 190 euros, which is over $200, so I gotta order the shit from the states, and have my wife take it to the shop to have them install it :(

One good thing is that when this happens, it makes a really cool smoke screen going down the autobahn :)

damn that sucks...

i had a probe that had a pin hole hose leaking right onto the exhaust mani...
that was a real nice smoke screen... smelled like waffles too :lol:

Waffle rock, and yea, it pretty much just wipes off. I'm just letting the motor cool down for a while. Sucks, now I gotta add a charge hose to my order.

i guess i should clarify
lol

not actual waffles, more of the maple syrup, cause of the sweet smell of anti freeze...

do you have 134a or r12?

i feel bad for you if its r12 and you need to get it completely recharged...
damn

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jul 16 2004, 05:58 PM
i guess i should clarify
lol

not actual waffles, more of the maple syrup, cause of the sweet smell of anti freeze...

do you have 134a or r12?

i feel bad for you if its r12 and you need to get it completely recharged...
damn

Yea, it's R-134a, but It's only $25 to recharge the system at hte shop on post, and since it's already been "evacuated" (all over the autobahn) I don't think they'll charge me hazardous materials fee.

Just ordered the right bracket, hose, pulley, pulley bracket, nuts, and bolts, fuck me $260 (almost the same price as just the bracket here) from hondaautomotiveparts.com. Damn, if I wasn't so hype about AC I'd just ditch it all.

yea, a working a/c system is hard to get rid of...

even if its in need of slight repair...
lol

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jul 16 2004, 07:18 PM
yea, a working a/c system is hard to get rid of...

even if its in need of slight repair...
lol

Especially since this is my first car eva with AC, and I am hyyyyype!!!

If you can come up with a part number and a vehicle to source it to ill see how much I can get you one for.

Once I get my order confirmation email from them I can look at all the part numbers.

The bracket is 38930-P54-000, most of the other parts are XXXXX-P30-000 or XXXXX-PR3-000

John, you dont have your front ground correct. The timing cover isn't the thing that needs the grounding, its the bolt right next to it that goes down to the head.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jul 18 2004, 03:43 AM
John, you dont have your front ground correct. The timing cover isn't the thing that needs the grounding, its the bolt right next to it that goes down to the head.
[post=364699]Quoted post[/post]​

They both seem to work the same, the one I have it to is actually for the throttle cable bracket on the EG6's, but it works.

Back