Type R And A Dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cnycivic

i have a d16y7 in my car from my 2000 civic dx ... i am putting a b16b in my car ... now the plugs for the ecu's dont match up ... what am i supposta do ... i mean there both obd2 are they not? ... what do i need to get this to work ... i am starting the swap tonight ... thu the 17th ... and i will need all the info asap ... so if anyone knows please gimme a hand !!! also .. i have the wireing harness off the b16b but i dont have the ends to them that plug into the ecu ... they have been cut off... is there somewhere i can buy this or should i use my dx wireing harness and add knock and vtec?

use your dx harnes and add the wires.

the other option is to hack the plugs from your dx harness and solder them onto the CTR harness, but it would be easier to run the additional wires.

CNYCIVIC WRITES : well my problem lies also in that i dont know where all the sensors and such are going to go ... if i use the harness off of the type R they will already be plugged in ... and ready to go ... i dont mind cutting and soldering wires so i may do that, but do the colors on the wires match ??? or will i have to try to figure it out another way ?

sorry i was logged on to my friends name and forgot but this is CNYCIVIC TYPING

cutting the wires is a bitch. the reason they dont match is because there were 2 different versions of obd2. i would suggest using your dx harness and running the extra wires as stated before... you may need to use a jumper also if you plan on using a different ecu.
http://www.jdmhondaparts.com/frameset-ecu.htm (ecu jumpers)

dude, read my thread above.... there were 2 versions of obd2, this means the plugs were different, you need a conversion harness use the link i posted above.

well then im confused ... y would i want to use my dx harness then ... if im gonna buy jumper y dont i just use my type R harness and then buy a jumper for that ... also will it hurt the engine to use my dx ecu if i use the dx harness just so i can run it and see how she runs for a while till the jumpers come in ???

well, from what i hear you can't use the Type R harness because it was made for a RHD car, and yours is LHD, so the ecu's are in different locations. this is why you would want to use your DX harness, and then get a jumper to run the CTR ecu on the DX harness. or what i did, i have a 96 civic (obd2.a) and a 99 si motor (obd2.B) i'm using a 96 EX harness, then using a jumper to my P28 chipped ecu (obd1). that is another option... i would not use the dx computer to run that motor.

Back