type r cam questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

7thgen01

ive got a customer with an 91 crx with a b16a in it. He wants to put ITR cams in it, does he need type r springs and retainers if he does this. Someone told him that he did...I dont have a clue?? will the cams run fine with no other mods? please reply asap.

Thanks.

i didnt have to when i just installed the intake cam in my gsr since it already has the dual springs on the intake side but it is reccommended i went ahead and put in skunk 2 dual valve springs and titanium retainers when it was done so i could raise the rev limit safely if you need to ask something like this what the hell are you doing running a shop

well, I would, dont' have to but it is suggested when going into the upper rpm bands which the stock b16a/b18c springs and retainers don't go, The R spring and retainer package is good enough for toda spec A's up to 9k.

I would do it, or suggest it for that matter along with a new base map so that you can have the right fuel and ignition maps for the 8000+rpm width.

i'm running CTR cams in my stock B16 right now. they are fine for the 8200 rpm rev limit, but don't go beyond that. the B16 has only single valve springs on the exhuast side of the motor.

the R retainers are great retainers, toda reccomends using them with their springs on their cams.

Back