Type-R Cardan joint fits in a GS-R tranny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

speed488

As the title says... Does a Type-R Cardan Joint fit in a Gs-r Tranny?

THaNks!

Well you see, I write and speek primarly in french. So i don't really know what is the actual name in english for what I reffered as a "cardan joint". In french it's a "cardan". When I translated it at babelfish.altavista.com, it gave me "cardan joint". :confused:

So, what I mean is the part the connects to the transmission and into the middle of the hub. It has berrings coverred by rubber boots.

He's talking about the axles.. they call CV joints cardan joints in other countries for some reason.

The GSR and Type R have different part numbers for the CV joints and axles, but as far as I know they are supposed to be the same size.

Axles, thanks!

Well that's it. I bought Type-R hubs for my GS-R. My GS-R axles are too small and they are loose in the hub Type-R hubs. I got specs that Type-R axles are 36mm GS-R/SIR are 32mm wide on the the 'hub' end. But are the 'transmission' end the same size?

The part numbers from the inner joints are identical for the GSR and the Type R so I'm almost positive the transmission end would be the same size.

All good, the 5bolt is on. The axles fitted perfectly on both ends. There is a huge difference en brake size! Thanks for the help!

Here are some pics, sorry the car is not too clean, I had to drive it in slush (dunno if it the right word but it means when snow is mixed with rain). Now the car is stored in this garage for the winter. The car is on 16" mags, I was on 17's before but quebec roads are just too crapy. Didn't change the rotors either (will do at the beginning of summer) I'm still on the rusted up brakes from the JDM shop.

frontsidesmall.jpg

Front wheel

frontwheelsmall.jpg

Back wheel

backwheelsmall.jpg

Before

n744015914_490281_8498.jpg

17inchsmall.jpg

Nice car :thumbsup:

The bigger brakes are nice too.. I customized some ITR rotors to fit on my old 4 lug GSR and ran the same brake setup. It stops much better than factory GSR brakes.

Back