Type R Exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MrLewis84

I know of a itr exhaust selling for $75.....i just want to know if the is worth the upgrade or should i get an after market exhaust 4 my car?????

get a dynomax super turbo muffler for $50. dynomax super turbo mufflers are mad fresh, yo!

"mad fresh, yo" is the new "b*** d******"

if its the whole cat back, and you have an LS teg, go for it.

it won't fit the gsr teg due to different cat length.
and it won't fit a civic due to different body shapes

ok........my car is a 96 civic hatch with a b18b ......i have a gsr muffler on the car now.......but i heard that the type r muffler opens up at certain rpm's for better air flow......i really don't want my car to be loud....this is y i want to stick with a stock muffler

it is not made to fit the 96 hatch. you will have to shorten the exit side by 3 inches, and it will take a hack job to get it right. then your hangers will break. Just too big for a 96 hatch, my friend did it and went back to get it taken off a week later, stick w/ the gsr

ok....i guess if i want better flow i'll have to go after matrket then. I was thinking of getting headers with 2.25 inch piping to the stock gs-r muffler so my car would be somewhat quiet but i was told that would not help my performance because of the fact that i would still be using the stock muffler.......any suggestions????

Apex WS is quiet, but it isn't a straight through, so performance isn't the best. Problem is performance and quiet don't really mix, due to the designs needed for each being different.

Back