type r head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blick2319

i was gogin to buy a brand new type r head fo rmy ls/vtec. i have a 93 civic hatch. The head comes with no internal partshow hard will it be to make that head obd1? Is this head a good idea?

Its alot of money to spend on a new head that is bare. Not to mention if you have and machine work done to it, your just modifying a brand new head which in that case used or new does not matter. If your going to leave it stock and bolt it on, then it all depends on your wallet. If you got it to blow, then go for it. I just can't see spending that much for a head alone as opposed to getting a good used head, a using the remainder on performance oriented parts (upgraded valve train, cams, ajustable cam gears, etc.) just my $.02

Just buy the complete intake manifold from a 94-95 B16A3, or 92-95 B16A, and bolt it on, that will take care of the OBD I part, what you put inside is on you.

Oh yea, and don't spend the money on a "type R" head, just get a regular B16A head if you you're going to buy a bare head.

if your goign to buy a bare head just get your standard b16 head / PR3, they run pretty cheap, the actual R head in bare form is a little better since it has slightly polished up ports, and I mean slightly.

I would consider getting a complete R head with cams, springs, retainers, valves, IM, and TB, that would be a nice upgrade over the bare bone stock b16 head.

Back