type r jrsc w/ 5.5 lbs pulley...why?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

why is it that JRSC make a SC kit for a type r that only comes with a 5.5 lbs pulley and for b16a and gs-r they come with a 6 lbs pulley? why are they giving the type r less boost? i just found this out recently. im going to get a b18c block and put a b16a head, so ill be like a "poor man" type r. since im doing that i will have to get a type r JRSC kit, but i dont want a 5.5 lbs and really dont get there reason for doing that. does anyone know why?

btw, i could upgrade to a 8 lbs pulley for my motor rite?

Your worried about 0.5 pounds difference in pulleys? I have no idea if you can upgrade pulleys, but if you can, do it. I would be looking for like a 15 pound pulley lol.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Sep 17 2004, 05:39 PM
Your worried about 0.5 pounds difference in pulleys? I have no idea if you can upgrade pulleys, but if you can, do it. I would be looking for like a 15 pound pulley lol.
[post=391680]Quoted post[/post]​

You can do it. I've read of GSR blocks running as high as 10lbs on a JRSC. YOU WILL KNOCK AT THAT BOOST LEVEL, nothing you can do about it. It is part of the supercharger, and nothing you do with tuning will alleviate this. I've read of people combating this with race fuel or water injection. I find both of those options unnattractive.

If your mating a B16 head to a B18C head you will need to purchase a B16 JRSC kit for your motor. The supercharger bolts to the head not the block so the kit you buy depends on what head you have. (i think B16 and Type R bolt patterns are the same so i probably just posted crap, lol)

Originally posted by [Freemantle]+Sep 17 2004, 06:58 PM-->
[Freemantle said:
@ Sep 17 2004, 06:58 PM)]beerbongskickass
[Freemantle said:
@Sep 17 2004, 05:39 PM
Your worried about 0.5 pounds difference in pulleys?  I have no idea if you can upgrade pulleys, but if you can, do it.  I would be looking for like a 15 pound pulley lol.

You can do it. I've read of GSR blocks running as high as 10lbs on a JRSC. YOU WILL KNOCK AT THAT BOOST LEVEL, nothing you can do about it. It is part of the supercharger, and nothing you do with tuning will alleviate this. I've read of people combating this with race fuel or water injection. I find both of those options unnattractive.
[post=391700]Quoted post[/post]​

Can't ya lower the compression or something? So 10 pounds and you will knock no matter what? Man that sucks lol. Fuck the JRSC, go with a turbo.

Originally posted by beerbongskickass+Sep 17 2004, 08:24 PM-->
[Freemantle
Your worried about 0.5 pounds difference in pulleys?  I have no idea if you can upgrade pulleys, but if you can, do it.  I would be looking for like a 15 pound pulley lol.

[post=391700]Quoted post[/post]​

Can't ya lower the compression or something? So 10 pounds and you will knock no matter what? Man that sucks lol. Fuck the JRSC, go with a turbo.
[post=391723]Quoted post[/post]​
[/QUOTE]

I forget the exact number, but running a JRSC at 10 lbs heats your intake charge over 220*F. That's stupid hot.

the reason is that the itr has higher compression, and uses more fuel, and with an fmu, it tops out at 5.5 psi.

seriosuly dude, just get a turbo. JRSC's suck.

10lbs. on that M62 is a lot of boost. You will need to do water injection, as you would need to put at least an intercooler on a turbo kit. You can run a higher boost pully on the JSRC, however you will need something like RC 310cc injectors, and a fuel pump, and you might want to look into something like hondata. Those are just good things to get when you are going the FI route anyway. Water injection works well, you will just have to keep any eye on it constatly. The JSRC will not knock as long as you cool the boost temp, run the proper fuel managment, and run apropriate timing. Do your homework on this you cannot just slap an FI kit of any kind on a honda it takes prep work to make it last. Oh and the type R kit is 5.5lbs, as it is CARB legal, and the type R has higher compression than the GSR.

Back