Type R vs CP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Moonwalker504

Do you all think a brand new set of Type R pistons from hmotorsonline would hold up enough to support a 15 psi turbo?:( If not does anyone have any experience with CP pistons?

So the Type R pistons will hold up for 300 hp? I am trying to do this build on a budget but I do not want to make careless mistakes.

i can comment on this, i know for a fact (from working in a engine shop for years) CP are the way to go!, i dunno much about forged pistons in honda's or any sport compact for that matter, but blanco is right about heat expansion , and lower compression for boost is better.

To answer your question? I do not know much. I have built many show cars and know a lot about bodywork. This is my first build and do not know much at all about going fast. Please teach me what I need to know. :worthy: You know that my goal is 300 hp. I am on a budget and I have a b18. What would you suggest? And what compression should I be looking for? :popcorn:

Now that we have the block and head taken care of what would you suggest for the turbo? I always hear e-bay turbo's are bad! What's wrong with them? I was thinking of buying one for the pipeing and just replacing the intercooler,an blow off valve. Is this another mistake?

Back