Typr R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ad daddy69

I have a 91 integra and i want to swap a b18c5 into it. I was wondering how much that would cost or if anyone knows where the cheapest place to buy one would be. and if i should get the JDM or the USDM.

your looking to spend quite a bit, i would say 6-7k
the motor alone costs 4500-5000, and then you need to put it in your car. on the other hand the tranny is hydro and your car is cable so you either have to convert your car to hydro, or sell the tranny for 1100, and pick up a good cable tranny for 400.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Apr 16 2003, 07:59 PM
on the other hand the tranny is hydro and your car is cable so you either have to convert your car to hydro, or sell the tranny for 1100, and pick up a good cable tranny for 400.

He should have a B series (B18A1) cable tranny that he could bolt to the ITR motor and then sell the ITR tranny.The ITR tranny is hella better,but still the $1000+ he could get fropm it would go a long way towards making the swap a little cheaper in the end.

so how much do u think i could get the swap for because my buddies throwin it in for me so im not worried to much about that im just wonderin how much the motor and what else i need to get with that to put it in my 91?

i was also thinkin instead of the type r to go the ls/vtech way but do u think the money for the ls/vtech would be better spent gettin the type r?

Originally posted by ad daddy69@Apr 16 2003, 08:35 PM
i was also thinkin instead of the type r to go the ls/vtech way but do u think the money for the ls/vtech would be better spent gettin the type r?

vtech twice in one post :lol: , wish i had that valve cover/ phone pic. Im sure one of these guys will have it, and i'll be the first to let you know its Vtec, no H.

Originally posted by ad daddy69@Apr 17 2003, 02:35 AM

You may be better served with the ls/vtec build as you already have a B motor.Here is an article about what you need and some info and Here is a how to with pics.

Since ur not a mechanic and u got the cash a type r is better
Put it this way type r 's with bolt ons run 13.2 all day

faster than a gsr with a supercharger or or turbo runing low boost.
But u ill need the typ r tranny 4 the short gearing

Originally posted by tomtom@Apr 17 2003, 03:12 AM
Since ur not a mechanic and u got the cash a type r is better
Put it this way type r 's with bolt ons run 13.2 all day

faster than a gsr with a supercharger or or turbo runing low boost.
But u ill need the typ r tranny 4 the short gearing

You're on crack.A ITR isn't going to be faster than a supercharged or turbo'ed B16 much less a GSR.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 16 2003, 10:25 PM
You're on crack.A ITR isn't going to be faster than a supercharged or turbo'ed B16 much less a GSR.

sisteve's 00 civic si with a jackson kit dynoed 198 to the wheels
i/h/e
e's jdm itr dynoed at 188 to the wheels
i/h/e

you do the math

im just thinkin about goin type r how much do u think complete swap would cost or should i just get a gsr and trubo that

I wouldn't go w/ a ls/vtec for the fact that you don't sound like a mechanic and you cant just take a hybrid motor to a local dealership, they won't touch it, if they do they'll charge you enough to just swap an ITR motor in. I'd go with a GSR, bolt ons, maybe some new cams.

The idea of goin with ITR, using your stock tranny and selling the ITR one is a very good idea though.

wit those 5-6 k y dont u just built a ls vtec motor. wit bolt ons u hit faster with a type R motor in there. more torque and Hp than type R motor. built the bottom end and u can rev higher, which includes pistons rod etc.. search for more info to lazy to put them, but ne way save those 5-6k n built a ls vtec motor and u would be surprise and happy what the engine is capable of. i aint dissing teh c5 motor but y throwing away 5-6k for just the motor and u can oinly run 14s, do ls vtec and spent those 5-6k and ull go 13s all day wit no prob.

Back