UK ED civic hb twin carb.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Daz

Ok I got my hands on a '90' civic h/b ED chassis with a sohc D14 16v on twin carbs. I paid £100 for it. (not alot) But the the cam belt had snapped So i put a cam belt on it and hey presto it runs sweet as a nut no piston/valve touch or bad noise. Now my CRX is off the road having a B16 conversion (yeeha cant wait) and i am using the civic to run about in i put it on our rollers at the garage where i work and its running 87.5bhp completly standard.
I want to keep it as a 1.4 (1383cc i think?) i dont want to swap engines.
I have a D16a9 (ZC i think you guys call it) kicking about and was wondering if the pgmfi manifold and throttle body will bolt on or will i have to change ecu (is there an ecu on the civic i aint checked)
Any how i was wondering what i could to spice it up a wee bit i am making an exhaust system for it soon. I can get manifolds off ebay for sohc Dseries engines will these fit?
Because it is on carbs will i have to keep rejeting it every time i do a mod?
I cant find a power air filter for it.
I know you guys have a D15 on twin carbs in the states and was wondering what things you do to them to get em movin a bit better.

Also i have given it a good blat and cant find the rev limiter i was at 8000rpm and it was still reving. For a 1.4 its a little nutter (typical honda engine.)

I think i have covered as much as i can hope you guys can help. :worthy:

I dont want any piss taking :angry: coz i is a brit stiff upper lip an all that bollocks he he he lol..

i know you said you wanted to keep the 1.4 but, imo, i would swap in the a9 and run it on carbs (side draughts :ph34r: )

it will be easier to swap in the a9 than switch to pgmfi and you will have way more power

since you are going to stay 1.4 click here and check out the cams for a CRX Si, those with some weber side draughts should rock

Originally posted by brian11to1@Nov 2 2004, 02:26 PM
What's a carb... lol...
[post=410651]Quoted post[/post]​

not sure but i hear you arent supposed to eat them

Back