ultimate swap guide h22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm pretty sure it comes as a pdf.

frankly, you don't really need it, cuz you're a member here. between tab, dohcvtec_accord, and the other accord owners here who have done it, you got all the help you could possibly need.

Thanks bro I just wish you guys were actually here Im finally getting my jdm h22 this weekend and maybe during next week or next weekend me and my friend are going to install it

ive done a h22 swap in a 94 honda accord ex so ill help all i can

Barring the possibility of a broken engine, you're going to have a fun time. The swap is simple. I suggest pre-preparing the engine (timing belt, plugs, etc) before you put it in the car, so that you can start cranking it after you get everything installed/hooked up.

Good luck!

Hector, If you need a floor jack/jack stands let me know.

If you need some help let me know and I'm sure some of the other SoCa members are willing to help also. Where you getting the motor from?

hell yeah man Im gonna need a little help on the harness part also my friend said you have to shave one of the mounts off is that the one I was told about on the other thread I posted. Im getting the motor from hmotorsonline after all, Im going up their on saturday pretty decent price also. and is it hard putting the flywheel on,do I have to take it to a shop to get it put in,and should I get a new clutch while Im at it.

On one car, the bolts came right out, on another car, I stripped the heads attaching the torque plate. Try it yourself, then take it to a shop if it won't budge.

Dude, the swap is not that hard. Just don't overthink shit. I spent more time thinking than doing on my first swap. We have pretty specific advice on the swap that will save you a lot of thinking, and you don't need a guide. :p

Originally posted by smooth95@Sep 23 2004, 05:19 PM
hell yeah man Im gonna need a little help on the harness part also my friend said you have to shave one of the mounts off is that the one I was told about on the other thread I posted. Im getting the motor from hmotorsonline after all, Im going up their on saturday pretty decent price also. and is it hard putting the flywheel on,do I have to take it to a shop to get it put in,and should I get a new clutch while Im at it.
[post=394106]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't know about shaivng off any mounts when I watched my friend swap an H22 into his EK hatch I didn't see him shave any of the mounts off. Hmotorsonline is where I got my b16a SiR II, everything was good on the motor even the timing belt but it's probably by luck Anyway the flywheel is held on by 8 flywheel bolts. The clutch in my motor was still good so I don't know if you'll need a new one or not. You could take the tranny off and check if you want it's your choice. Do you have another car to use just incase the swap isn't completely finished in 1 day or so?

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Sep 23 2004, 06:41 PM
I don't know about shaivng off any mounts when I watched my friend swap an H22 into his EK hatch I didn't see him shave any of the mounts off.
[post=394127]Quoted post[/post]​

We're talking about two different cars here. You're talking about a Civic, we're talking about an Accord.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Sep 24 2004, 08:53 AM-->
NotUrAverage_Si
@Sep 23 2004, 06:41 PM
I don't know about shaivng off any mounts when I watched my friend swap an H22 into his EK hatch I didn't see him shave any of the mounts off.
[post=394127]Quoted post[/post]​

We're talking about two different cars here. You're talking about a Civic, we're talking about an Accord.
[post=394285]Quoted post[/post]​

So you do need to shave off one of the mounts?

On the driver side mount, you either need to use a frankenstein combination of mounts (Accord chassis side mated to Prelude engine side, with a bolt hole drilled in it) or use the full Prelude mount and shave it down. The Prelude mount won't bolt into the chassis because it's too big.

guess what I have to work tomorrow <_< on the 10 fwy by the 710 but I called their wherehouse and their moving so he said to call him tomorrow and they might be open on sunday, if I want to buy a better clutch dont you think I should install it b4 the motor is in. Yeah I have a diffrent car a 93 accord but my wife drives that one so my answer is no. Thank pals

It'll be easier to do it before the motor is in. It's up to you though. They say their motors have around 35,000 miles on them so I don't think the clutch should be that bad but it probably isn't a bad idea to replace the clutch disc and pressure plate.

I called hmotorsonline and they have front clips so they have to take the engine,tranny and ecu out of it and it wont be until monday or tuesday :( , so then maybe I should skip getting a new clutch if their engines are like around 35,000 miles on them

Back