unclogging fuel injectors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16coupe

I thought my ignitor was messed up, but I am sure now that it isn't. After putting on the ballast resistor for my msd coil and replacing my ignitor, my car still missfires.

When I start my car up, it will idle rich and drive pretty rich also. After the motor warms up, and I am sitting at a stop light or stop sign, it will idle lean or stoich (this is according to the autometer air/fuel). The problems really start when I floor my car. It will do just fine until 5k and sometimes 6k rpm and it will missfire like crazy. This is at 9psi of boost. When the motor missfires the air/fuel gauge will bounce into stoich and then back to rich rapidly, but it doesnt bounce all the time, sometimes it will just stay in rich. And this missfire problem doesn't happen all the time, maybe 5% of the time it will pull all the way to 8k with no problems.

I was wondering if clogged injector could cause this missfire. If it could be the injectors, how could I unclog them.

Thanks.

Originally posted by b16coupe@Oct 13 2004, 09:26 PM
I thought my ignitor was messed up, but I am sure now that it isn't. After putting on the ballast resistor for my msd coil and replacing my ignitor, my car still missfires.

When I start my car up, it will idle rich and drive pretty rich also. After the motor warms up, and I am sitting at a stop light or stop sign, it will idle lean or stoich (this is according to the autometer air/fuel). The problems really start when I floor my car. It will do just fine until 5k and sometimes 6k rpm and it will missfire like crazy. This is at 9psi of boost. When the motor missfires the air/fuel gauge will bounce into stoich and then back to rich rapidly, but it doesnt bounce all the time, sometimes it will just stay in rich. And this missfire problem doesn't happen all the time, maybe 5% of the time it will pull all the way to 8k with no problems.

I was wondering if clogged injector could cause this missfire. If it could be the injectors, how could I unclog them.

Thanks.
[post=402354]Quoted post[/post]​

wat injectors are you runnin, if they arent upto the job theyll cut, or your hittin fuelcut whats your ecu configurtion set up for??

I am running dsm 450's with uberdata. closed loop disabled running 110% fuel enrichment and .5degrees of ignition retard for every pound of boost. all fuel components are stock except for the injectors. I just replaced my fuel filter too.

Back