uncontrolible surging

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92dxhatch

Hey guys,
my civic is having issues again, its a d15b7, stock. but i'm having problems with it surging the revs, it goes from 1000 to 2500 and back to 1000 and so on, what do i need to do to correct this issue, its really annoying a low speeds. i am thinking maybe a sensor is out, but i'm cluesless as to what, maybe something to do witht the tps? anyways, could you give me a hand, thanks.

replace the tps with a junkyard piece, if that doesn't work check the idle control valve.

i tried looking for a vacuum leak but didn't see anything, and i tried the idle screw, doesn't do JACK!, im thinkin the tps, but could be the icv too, i'll talk a look, thanks.

Bleed your coolant? An air pocket in a honda would also cause that. And yeah, IACV/TPS/blah blah.. do the simple voltage checks on 'em.

they just oughta have a "my idle is fuck'd up" section.

check ur coolent, bleed your coolent, clean your iacv, replace your iacv, check the voltage on the tps, replace the tps (usually not the tps b'cuz it'll throw it into limp home mode), check for vac leaks. now that i think of it, could be a bad map sensor as well. check which kind you have! there's the firewall mount version, or the tb mount version.

ya, i recaped all responses. just felt it necessary. of course do all the things that dont require you to spend money, then go in the order of least cost here.

in the future, there are much more lengthy tutorials online various places. google is your friend ^_^

Back