1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unknown axle squelling

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by YouKnowWhoIBee, Jul 31, 2004.

1. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

I have a 95 civic hatch and i started to hear a little squel coming from my passenger side front axle. It only happens when i turn left and i start driving when i have been sitting for a little while. ie starting the car after it has been parked and when i go to a drive thru like at taco bell or where ever form just sitting there for like 5 minutes it squels. But it only squels in low speeds like 20 and below. Any suggestions on what it could be. I know it is not my brakes because i put new pads rotors and calipers on todayand it still does it...TIA

2. YouKnowWhoIBee

bump :please:

3. allbottledup

allbottledup Senior Member

maybe a wheel bearing. I used to have a problem like that and it ended up being the rotor was a little crooked. I have only 3 studs on the side that it was doing it from and it canted the rotor just a bit and made that squeal. But since you just replaced them i dont think it that. Try repacking your hub with grease and see if that helps.

4. YouKnowWhoIBee

Update if anyone cares... the noise just stopped all of a sudden i am not sure why. It hasnt done it today and i drove it alot since 1 oclock. So maybe just luck but who knows it doesnt squeal nemore. :happydance:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted