Unknown axle squelling

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
I have a 95 civic hatch and i started to hear a little squel coming from my passenger side front axle. It only happens when i turn left and i start driving when i have been sitting for a little while. ie starting the car after it has been parked and when i go to a drive thru like at taco bell or where ever form just sitting there for like 5 minutes it squels. But it only squels in low speeds like 20 and below. Any suggestions on what it could be. I know it is not my brakes because i put new pads rotors and calipers on todayand it still does it...TIA

maybe a wheel bearing. I used to have a problem like that and it ended up being the rotor was a little crooked. I have only 3 studs on the side that it was doing it from and it canted the rotor just a bit and made that squeal. But since you just replaced them i dont think it that. Try repacking your hub with grease and see if that helps.

Update if anyone cares... the noise just stopped all of a sudden i am not sure why. It hasnt done it today and i drove it alot since 1 oclock. So maybe just luck but who knows it doesnt squeal nemore. :happydance:

Back