Unknown Engine Noise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM7o3

My friend was driving my car one night, and he decides to treat the my automatic Accord (Stock F22B) as a manual. So, he takes first gear up to 6200 rpm before shifting to second gear. And did the same with the following gears. Well, next morning I start the car and I hear a raddle sound coming from the engine. I pull out of the driveway, and put the car into drive. I'm driving, acceleration was normal, then at 3000 rpm I hear a loud raddling sound come from the engine. So, I'm like :wft: . Then I push the gas to engage V-Tec, and you can hear the raddling sound throughout v-tec. So at 3000 rpm and when in V-tec, I can hear this raddling. If anyone knows whats wrong with my car, please help. Reconsidering a H22A swap for a bike.

If you cant find out what it is..take a mechanic that you trust and have him take it for a spin and tell you whats wrong then go from there.

:werd:

And don't blame it on your friend. If he didn't go past redline, then something was probably close to giving out anyway. I drive like that every day. 7600 rpm's every morning.......seriously. :)

i also have a rattle, but is not comming from the engine. my rattle is comming from somewhere on the firewall. (lower middle) if anyone knows what this could possibly be, IM me. i'd appreciate it, it's very embarissing when passing a hot chick and your engine rattles. <_<

do you have to be driving for it to rattle or will it do it if you are just sitting there reving the engine. if so have someone rev it while you search.

Heat shields? No one mentioned that. I would have shot my friend had he drove my car like that.

And FYI its VTEC not V-Tec.

Yea if anyone knows the solution to the rattle let me know, my prelude auto rattles at idle. Its embarrassing. It sounds liek a heat shield, but I dont see it!

Back