Upgrade Chip 92-95 Honda Civic Cx/dx/lx Ecu?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well it is probably a tangible item you can hold in your hand,but as far as the claims,probably not.

;) Yeah, your stock internals would LOVE another 1000 revs... you should try it :rolleyes:
Seriously tho, I actually bought the spoon version of this off E-bay for my D16z. I noticed a difference actually! Don't think that you can put in this chip on a stock motor and you'll be smoking TT supras or anything, but if you have already done the usual mods, it's not a bad part for 20 bux. Of course it cost me $100 just to get it put in... :p Call around and try to find someone to re-chip your ecu. I bet at least 4 people laugh at you. :D

I forgot to say that the only thing this chip really does is advance your timing and fuel curves. Your stock dx should have like 500 HP when you are done. :lol:

Pills can rechip your ECU for a price, doing more than just negating the governor, and raising the rev limiter.

And NOTHING is Spoon on Ebay, especially not the 20.00 chip.

:worthy: O.K. - I't's just the fuel and ignition curves COPIED from spoon. But if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck... B)

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Apr 19 2003, 07:07 PM
But if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck... B)

So by your same logic...a plane has wings and flies,a duck has wings and flies,so is a plane a duck?

Those chips are originally tuned for specific applications,using them on a motor that isn't tuned to the same specs will dick it up.

<_< My point was - it's not REALLY a spoon chip but it's basically the same thing. They copied spoon and called it spoon. If I make a motor that is EXACTLY like a b18c1, it's not a gsr motor but what the fuck is the difference? None. Cause all the specs are the same. Christ. I think I am going to stop posting because every time I post it turns the thread to shit.

I think this is where liquidmeth jumps in and tells us that this tread SUCKS. :D

Back