Upgrades...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
So, I know that on the last gen Radeons you could get "hacks" upgrades that would open up the pipes to the next level, does anyone know if the new ones are like this too, and if they are, do you know where to get the upgrade?

Not sure about the new ones.... and anyway, if you are able to open up the pipelines, there's no way to know if they're broken or not. Just because you can access them doesn't mean that the pipelines will actually be functional on the card.

I havent heard any news. The only "softmoddable" cards are the 9600 to 9700pro, 9800se to 9800xt, and nvidia 6800 to GT or Ultra.

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Mar 12 2005, 12:34 AM
I havent heard any news. The only "softmoddable" cards are the 9600 to 9700pro, 9800se to 9800xt, and nvidia 6800 to GT or Ultra.
[post=472413]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea, that's what my brother inlaw is running (9600 bumped up). I was just checking to see if anyone know if the Radeons could be modded.

The 9800 PRO is the one you can mod to the XT, not the SE. The only mods I've heard of is the GeForce4 => Quatro4 and the 9800pro => 9800XT softmods, but I'm sure more are out there.

Back