Upper Radiator Hose Pressurizing...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RFHOMI2U

88 CRX Si -

The upper radiator hose is pressurizing A LOT and is getting really hot. Yet, my lower radiator hose is staying VERY cold even after driving for a long time and is not over pressurizing. Every now and then after driving for like 15 minutes, I have to pull over and release pressure from the radiator cap to get it back to operating temp. Not the headgasket, that was just replaced 3 days ago. This problem just started last night. Any suggesions? thanks...

sounds like there might be air in the system...possibly was not bled properly after the head gasket install.

Keep in mind, your lower hose should be cooler then your upper. Upper is hot coolant from the block going into the radiator. Lower is cool coolant leaving radiator heading into block.

Also, could explain this pressurization your talking about? the system is supposed to be pressurized.

-Chris

Really the lower hose is going into the block..I always thought the other way around hmmm.. <_<

Anyway have you checked to see if you fan is coming on leave it on for about 15min the keep an eye on the fan to see if it comes on.If not check the fuses inside the car for the radiator FAN that why it might be heating up.

i got the same problem..so if anyone finds out why its happening let me know..maybe ill pay you..hehe..seriously i need to find out..

Originally posted by arpee79@Sep 30 2003, 10:06 PM
Really the lower hose is going into the block..I always thought the other way around hmmm.. <_<

Anyway have you checked to see if you fan is coming on leave it on for about 15min the keep an eye on the fan to see if it comes on.If not check the fuses inside the car for the radiator FAN that why it might be heating up.

remember from those classes in high school called physics
heat rises

but it's possible your thermostat is fuxored, or you have a blockage in your radiator.
possibly time for a good flush and fill.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Oct 1 2003, 08:24 PM

heat rises

Nah i must have missed that class i thought the water pump push it all one way and dint give a rats ass about the water heating then rising and therefore i :blink: .....uhh
yeah whatever :unsure:

Originally posted by arpee79+Oct 1 2003, 11:44 PM-->
@Oct 1 2003, 08:24 PM

heat rises

Nah i must have missed that class i thought the water pump push it all one way and dint give a rats ass about the water heating then rising and therefore i :blink: .....uhh
yeah whatever :unsure:

true the water pump is there to help, but it's more efficient to not work against physics

i know its not my radiator cuz i got a new fluidyne rad..i guess ill see if it starts to overheat then ill be back with questions..hehe

Back