1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Used P28, What should I pay?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by friz, Dec 9, 2004.

1. friz

friz Senior Member

I am planning to set my car up for uberdata and a wide band o2. I would like to have an ECU to use just for this and have a stock one around just in case something happens to the one i'm messing with. This car is my daily driver and I don't like having it down for maintenance. So how much should I expect to pay and where is the best place to get one.

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

any reason you want a p30? do you want to run the knock sensor?? otherwise, a p28 will be cheaper and can do the same thing.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

word. score a p28. uberdata will allow you to disable the knock sensor. knock sensors suck anyway :)

4. friz

friz Senior Member

Thanks guys, I knew you could help me. A P28 it is. Now... how much and where?

Just changed the title to used P28 to avoid confusion.

5. projekteg

projekteg Senior Member

pm me if you're looking for a cheap chipped p28, guarantee you won't find one cheaper ;)

6. friz

friz Senior Member

Dosn't anyone know where to get one. PM'ed projecteg haven't heard back.

7. slowcrxhf88

slowcrxhf88 Junior Member

I got one for $100.00 It's stock if you want it. I bought a only for parts 93 civic si. just to get the 5speed p28. reason why I got it was cause I got a p30 auto. but I was able to convert it to manual. I was going to chip the p28, but I don't know a good chip to run a b16 Sir 2. E-mail me at crnsx@yahoo.com

8. friz

friz Senior Member

Planning on chippng it for uberdata so it should work just fine. So what do you guys think is 100 a good price for a P28?

9. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

That seems like a fair average price to me. I've seen them go on eBay from $71 the other night up to the $150 range plus shipping. There is no set price on anything btw.

10. slowcrxhf88

slowcrxhf88 Junior Member

I live in Tallahassee, Fl. I need the cash to get 4-1 5zigen headers. my friend has a Kseries swap. He is selling all his b18c1 stuff. I already took the block for $300.00. I'm to be doing a b16 head + b18c1 block. Anyone knows how to do a poor man's set up?

11. friz

friz Senior Member

Sorry to lead you guys on but I just found out that it is possible to convert a P06 to v-tec. I have one of these laying around and I want to try this. Thanks for all the great offers.

12. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

don't threadjack... start a new thread please.

13. projekteg

projekteg Senior Member

11f0 boards are very easy, especially if it was an auto to begin with, if not, you have to try and find an sk5151 high side power switch, which they aren't easy to come by unless you deal with ecu's a lot, same thing for 1720 boards, but they're a little more pita than 11f0's. good luck.

14. friz

friz Senior Member

Thanks, I have yet to be steered wrong on this site, so I have a lot of confidence that I will be able to do this.

15. AllMotorMonster

AllMotorMonster Senior Member

Check the board first and make sure you have all the parts before doing the conversion. If done wrong, you'll smoke the ECU.

The 11F0 board is the easiest, the 1720 is a BITCH if you don't have all the parts already.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted