1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using a GS-R ECU side wiring harness?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by grinnis, Jul 25, 2003.

1. grinnis

grinnis Junior Member

I am wondering about using a GS-R ECU side wiring harness to add the VTEC wires for my GS-R swap. I have a 93' Civic CX and I want the wiring to be especially clean/stock looking. I cannot seem to find the proper tool to use to add wires into my existing ECU connector and I wonder if anyone knows about using a GS-R harness instead. Is this idea overly complex? Has anyone done this? Any help or ideas would be great. :worthy:

2. seanjuan

seanjuan Senior Member

you don't need any special tool to take pins out of the ecu clips, I got them out with a pocket knife and some care and patience

I don't think that changing the whole harness is a good solution to your problem, it is a pain in the ass to get even one wire through the fire wall in the spot where the ecu wires go through, I couldn't imagine doing the whole harness including plugs, plus there are alot of other wires connected to that harness that you would have to cut and splice and.....

just add the three wires, it's not tough
    good luck

3. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

to splice and crimp 100 wires is a huge underteking that you should avoid

4. SixtySecondAssassin

SixtySecondAssassin Senior Member

its not that big of a deal. you just need to pull that rubber boot off that's behind the battery. the harness slides right out.

if you can get the gsr harness for cheap i say go for it. otherwise do it yourself.

5. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

yeah, don't be skerd to do it yourself. Once you finish it you will understand how easy it is. Just do a search on the proper pinouts and connect. Take your time and research.

Milan

6. grinnis

grinnis Junior Member

Thanks for the info everyone. :worthy:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted