Using a GSR/Type R girdle on an LS block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eroman

I have an B18A block I am working on for a LS/VTEC setup. I bought the girdle used on the GSR/Type R. It came with the three inside main caps. My questionis, do I need to have these main caps align bored to use them? Or is it just a straight swap.

The machine shop I go to is small and does not do align honing/boring. So I want to avoid having to do this.

you don't HAVE to, but highly recomended in your case. I have the same setup and for the minamal cost of finding a lace to do it, will be worth it. The last thing you want to do is fry new bearings. Also you will need the GSr/Type R oil pan, oil pick up, and oil baffle. I have a extra GSr pan if you need. LMK

matt

Originally posted by hybrid89@Sep 14 2004, 01:47 PM
you don't HAVE to, but highly recomended in your case. I have the same setup and for the minamal cost of finding a lace to do it, will be worth it. The last thing you want to do is fry new bearings. Also you will need the GSr/Type R oil pan, oil pick up, and oil baffle. I have a extra GSr pan if you need. LMK

matt
[post=390188]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for the advice.

How much for the oil pan?

And are there any aftermarket girdles available that bolt up on the original LS caps?

z 10 engineering bolts up, but you still need the pan, p/u and baffle. sounds like you went the route I did. I got the GSR girdle, needed caps, so I bought the z 10 setup and still found out I need the pan and crap. Anyhow, how bout $80 shipped for the pan. No dents. They are getting so hard to find used. I've only been able to locate 2 in a year and a half. LMK

matt

Originally posted by hybrid89@Sep 14 2004, 02:15 PM
z 10 engineering bolts up, but you still need the pan, p/u and baffle. sounds like you went the route I did. I got the GSR girdle, needed caps, so I bought the z 10 setup and still found out I need the pan and crap. Anyhow, how bout $80 shipped for the pan. No dents. They are getting so hard to find used. I've only been able to locate 2 in a year and a half. LMK

matt
[post=390208]Quoted post[/post]​

OK thanks. I'll let you know about the pan.

Back