1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using a GSR/Type R girdle on an LS block

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by eroman, Sep 14, 2004.

1. eroman

eroman Member

I have an B18A block I am working on for a LS/VTEC setup. I bought the girdle used on the GSR/Type R. It came with the three inside main caps. My questionis, do I need to have these main caps align bored to use them? Or is it just a straight swap.

The machine shop I go to is small and does not do align honing/boring. So I want to avoid having to do this.

2. hybrid89

hybrid89 thistownsucks...

you don't HAVE to, but highly recomended in your case. I have the same setup and for the minamal cost of finding a lace to do it, will be worth it. The last thing you want to do is fry new bearings. Also you will need the GSr/Type R oil pan, oil pick up, and oil baffle. I have a extra GSr pan if you need. LMK

matt

3. eroman

eroman Member

Thanks for the advice.

How much for the oil pan?

And are there any aftermarket girdles available that bolt up on the original LS caps?

4. hybrid89

z 10 engineering bolts up, but you still need the pan, p/u and baffle. sounds like you went the route I did. I got the GSR girdle, needed caps, so I bought the z 10 setup and still found out I need the pan and crap. Anyhow, how bout $80 shipped for the pan. No dents. They are getting so hard to find used. I've only been able to locate 2 in a year and a half. LMK

matt

5. eroman

eroman Member

OK thanks. I'll let you know about the pan.

6. hybrid89

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted