1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using aftermarket springs on stock shocks

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by luVTEC, May 31, 2004.

1. luVTEC

luVTEC Senior Member

I was thinking of upgrading to H&R sport or eibach prokit springs both lower the car less than 2". Can i use these with stock shocks? or will I get a bouncy ride?

Eventually I would like to upgrade the shocks as well, but for now i would just like to do springs if I can.

2. 96IntegGSR

96IntegGSR Member

I used sprint 2.25" drop springs on my stock dc2 shocks. a little bouncy but overall not as bad as I suspected. The car is my daily driver and the only complaint i have is that the car is a little too low (scrapes on everything.)

3. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

You will most likely blow out your stock shocks doing that. If you want to drop that much you need aftermarket shocks.

4. luVTEC

luVTEC Senior Member

Is any drop on stock shocks acceptable? or would i be better off to get a rear sway bar instead for now and save for spring/shock combo later?

5. Arachnid

Arachnid Senior Member

just get that save up for the shocks and springs. you won't regret it. if you just do the springs now your stock shocks will soon die out and you'll have to go through the hassle of your changing shocks. " do it once, do it right"

6. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

shocks first, sway bar later

spinning out is not cool. just ask E

7. Citizen_Insane

8. luVTEC

luVTEC Senior Member

Thanks for the info

Is it reliable to buy shocks/springs from ebay? I've been burned on ebay before.

9. Arachnid

Arachnid Senior Member

i hate ebay!! bought some obx racing pulleys for my car and they didn't even fit. and that dude gave me some weak ass stock belts that didn't even go with the engine. ordered type-r rear lips and that fuck face never sent the package (both of them on my to kill list :ph34r: ) i've been ripped off on ebay so many times....i've given up on it. if you buy stuff from them make sure it's from a company not from a dumb powerseller or anything like that.

10. Citizen_Insane

I've had no problems with ebay....:p

11. SolPWR

SolPWR Senior Member

ebay is good for some parts. Of all the rice there you may find a jewel! Springs that have a 2.0"> will do fine on stock shocks but would still recomend aftermarket.

Shocks>springs>sways

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted