Using aftermarket springs on stock shocks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

luVTEC

I was thinking of upgrading to H&R sport or eibach prokit springs both lower the car less than 2". Can i use these with stock shocks? or will I get a bouncy ride?

Eventually I would like to upgrade the shocks as well, but for now i would just like to do springs if I can.

I used sprint 2.25" drop springs on my stock dc2 shocks. a little bouncy but overall not as bad as I suspected. The car is my daily driver and the only complaint i have is that the car is a little too low (scrapes on everything.)

Is any drop on stock shocks acceptable? or would i be better off to get a rear sway bar instead for now and save for spring/shock combo later?

just get that save up for the shocks and springs. you won't regret it. if you just do the springs now your stock shocks will soon die out and you'll have to go through the hassle of your changing shocks. " do it once, do it right"

Thanks for the info

Is it reliable to buy shocks/springs from ebay? I've been burned on ebay before.

i hate ebay!! bought some obx racing pulleys for my car and they didn't even fit. and that dude gave me some weak ass stock belts that didn't even go with the engine. ordered type-r rear lips and that fuck face never sent the package (both of them on my to kill list :ph34r: ) i've been ripped off on ebay so many times....i've given up on it. if you buy stuff from them make sure it's from a company not from a dumb powerseller or anything like that.

ebay is good for some parts. Of all the rice there you may find a jewel! Springs that have a 2.0"> will do fine on stock shocks but would still recomend aftermarket.

Shocks>springs>sways

Back