using lots of coolant

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lswhitecivic

VIP
Alright heres the story, i had my 93 civic cx and it started overheating one night. So then like a week later i was driving and i think it blew a head gasket cause white smoke started pouring out and it just shut off and would not start. So i decided to swap in a b18b since i was going to anyways just not right then. But anyways once i got the engine in, i dont see any leaks but the car seems to be going through a lot of coolant and i can smell coolant when i am driving sometimes. The new engine hasent overheated or anything i just cant figure why it is using so much coolant.

Thanks for any help.

Ben

it seems like i can only smell it inside the car not under the hood as much.

Thanks for any help i dont want what happened to my last engine to happen to this one

Ben

checked that out and it is leaking at the two hoses that go through the firewall to the core. What must i replace to fix this problem. Can i replace the pipes that go to the core( is that the big black thing behind the center console). One of those hoses was leaking in the engine bay right after the swap, the hose seems to not connect to the firewall very well.

are the ports that those hoses plugged into not in good shape, or is it the hoses.

After my engine swap, I had a hose that was all soft and mushy that I had to replace, make sure the ends of your hoses arent all torn up. If they are and you have enough length, just cut off the bad portion and reattach.

good luck

Back