1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ut Oh

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by stud4u2c17, Apr 13, 2003.

1. stud4u2c17

stud4u2c17 Senior Member

aight i was sittin at a line at MCdonalds gettin some food, then all of a suden, i hear my car idle funny, so it goes to 800rpm and sounds like 1 cylinder is missing... so i rev it up to 1400 to see if it is missing... and it sounds terrible, then i look behind me and there is a big puff of white smoke commin from my exhaust. the first thing i thought was a head gasket so i pulled over to the side and parked it , and had my gurl rev it up and it didnt smell like antifreeze... it smelled like burning oil... so i get back in my car to turn it off... and the heat needle was almost all the way up... so then again i thought it has to be a head gasket. so i started debating wether it was a head gasket or not... so i decide to let it cool down and eat mcdonalds, then i check my oil and its completely empty. i was like wow shit because i filled it up about 3 weeks ago... so its burning oil and gettin very hot, does anyone know what could cause this?

Thanks
    Tj

u know what sux? i have school still and i dont got a job right now... and my car is sittin on a 700$ set of rims and it doesnt move lol... i bought the rims a while back because i got 2 flats in one night... so yeah.. maybe i shoudl have waited lol

2. stud4u2c17

stud4u2c17 Senior Member

o yeah and another thing... i filled up the oil and antifreeze/water mix and i have to drive it to school 4 days this week... about 4 miles away, is it safe? and another thing lol, if it turns out being the head... could i put an SI head on it (just the head) and it bolt up fine and run fine or will i need other things.... its an HF... well thanks
    TJ :wtf:

3. solblu

solblu Senior Member

Yes you can put the Si head on it and it will work fine. Sounds like head gasket to me get a D16Y8 head gasket to replace yours.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted