V-TEC cams on non-VTEC motor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dizzy_drifter

Just like the title reads, is this possible. Ill tell you why... I am doing a b18b1 swap into my EF civic, i just happend to find a motor in my same town, but the head comes without the cams, so my question could i use vtec cams on the non vtec head, i wanted to use a set of type R cams, thought i could gain a few horses and finish the swap, kill 2 birds with one stone.

No, they will not fit. If you want extra horses in your non-vtec head, get a set of Crower 403 cams, or something comparable. They will probably cost around the same as a set of ITR cams, maybe even a little less if you shop patiently and wisely. Make sure to tune it as well.

Thanks i do realize that it wouldnt result in much hp because the valvtrain wouldnt ever engage the vtec lobes, i just thought maybe the pre-vtec lobes mights add a little performance, found some for $100 well thanks anyway

On top of that, most primary lobes on VTEC cams are actually smaller than the lobes on non-VTEC cams...

Back