V-tec in a non V-tec car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bahamas1

Im purchasing a 97 accord that has no engine. I have aVtec 4 cycl engine to for the accord but the seller is saying that the car is non vtec and if i put in a vtec the ccheck engine light will remain on....is this true? how i correct the problem? will thes cost other damages to the car or engine? Any additional info would be greatly welcomed
PS ima female so i dnt kno much bout under the hood.

i did a non vtec to vtec swap i had to buy a new ecu and then run a wire from the vtec solenoid to the corresponding wire from the ecu wiring harness.

The seller is wrong. With the appropriate wiring and ECU the VTEC engine will work fine and will not throw any CELs...

Need sum serious help

ok ive got the engine it now and it starts but only for a few seconds den it sputters like ya car would wen da radiator is hot (not the radiator checked) and shuts off. The mechanic checked the fuel filter dats fine changed the computer and the distributor. Now hes saying that it looks like they did some wire jumping under the hood(what dat mean?) N he saying something about taking something off od the old engine that was in the car previously and puting it on da new one...Could someone please elaborate more and in laymen terms.....Im honestly lost

ok he told me that he believes hes found the problem was that some of the wiring was wrong in the car he guesses from them doin all sort of jumping so he had to rewire and now eveything seems in wrkin order except for the gooseneck that has a slight leak which is easliy fixable i kno first hand. I would like to know why wud sum1 be jumping wires unda da hood what purpose does it serve

Back