Vaccum Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MugenVTEC

Sorry if this is a common question, I tried the search button but kept getting errors. First off I'll start with my setup. I have a 1993 delSol Si with a JDM 1st gen B16a (stole it from my CRX), weapon r intake, DC sports header, and a Mugen ECU. The problem I have is that my car will raise its idle to about 3k when its cold and then just continue to drop to 1k and then raise back to 3. Until it warms up then when I let off the gas it drops all the way down to about 800-1000 rpms before it settles at 2000. I read through the article about the erratic idle, but I feel my problem has to do with my vaccum setup. For the life of me I can't find a good site on how to setup the vaccum lines in my car with a 1st gen B16. Does anyone know of a good site? Thanks.

i had the same problem in my 96 ek civic and my 92 ex coupe, your vaccum lines may not be your problem here, but can be many things from a vaccum leak to air in the coolant. Check for vaccum leaks around your intake manifold and your fuel injectors expecially. Also swap out sensors such as the iacv,and tps with known good ones. Bleed your coolant using the bleeding screw near your upper radiator hose. Good luck

Originally posted by slammedb18acivic@Oct 16 2003, 08:03 PM
i had the same problem in my 96 ek civic and my 92 ex coupe, your vaccum lines may not be your problem here, but can be many things from a vaccum leak to air in the coolant. Check for vaccum leaks around your intake manifold and your fuel injectors expecially. Also swap out sensors such as the iacv,and tps with known good ones. Bleed your coolant using the bleeding screw near your upper radiator hose. Good luck

good thinking this is a very good start to fixing the problem i had the same problem and it was air in my coolant and my idle control sensor needed replacing.

Back