vafc hack

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jshade

People are strange
has any one on this board used the vafc hack on their cars? <_<

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Dec 26 2003, 10:21 PM
what you mean VAFC hack,

is that the Apexy VAFC you talkin' about?

:lol: it's the apexi vafc. and the hack is kinda middle of the road engine managment for boost. he's just wondering if anybody on the board is running it.

the timing issue has been long discussed- and that's why the vafc hack is really only good for up to 10 psi ish on your average t3/t4... 250- whp range...

others run it higher, but IMO, its risky...

i can't find the document i was looking for.... basically, it talked about how even with the btm devices, you still run a risk, as it compensates for it.

if you can afford it, spring for a hondata. its REALLY worth the extra 200 bucks.

It's not my ride, the guy has got all the stuff and want's me to set it up. He's running a vortech SC at 8-10 psi. I need to get my info straight so I can tune with what he has.

is it (after/inter)cooled? if not... i'd run it rich to keep it cool to reduce detonation.. 12.1-11.8 across the board... i'd also recommend he get an EGT gauge to keep things monitored....

I agree with using Hondata they got their s--t together, another one I'm working on is waiting for the programable for the k-series. It should be released in Feb. that will be the all time shizznitt for Hondata tuning. :worthy:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 27 2003, 12:41 AM
is it (after/inter)cooled? if not... i'd run it rich to keep it cool to reduce detonation.. 12.1-11.8 across the board... i'd also recommend he get an EGT gauge to keep things monitored....

both

Back