Vafc or Spoon Vtec?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX2NR18

which one should i use to hook up vtec on my obd0 crx , d16a6/z6 mini me. Im going to a power add on like nitrous or turbo . but im not sure which one of these to get? vafc or spoon vtec controller

Most people are familiar with the apex'i vafc, I've never met anyone using the spoon vtec controller. The vafc is probably cheaper.

I have the A'pexi VAFC and I think it's fairly straight forward on its use. I have no personal experience with the spoon one. A friend of mine has the fields vtec controller and he likes it. I'd say for ease of use and just plain out overall asthetics, go with the A'pexi.

neither, get a real engine management system. turboedit/uberdata/hondata.

spoon V-TEC controller is really, really, straight forward all it is, is a knob you turn up or down to control the RPM that V-TEC engages.

Originally posted by shortbusrebel07@Jun 8 2004, 08:12 PM
spoon V-TEC controller is really, really, straight forward all it is, is a knob you turn up or down to control the RPM that V-TEC engages.

The very latest you can make VTEC engauge is 5K... which for Joel on the Highway is about 75-80 mph's not a real benefit.

Back