VAFC Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ChrisSiR

Im about ready to install a VAFC on my B16a, and i was jus curious, if i dont mess with any of the settings (aside from vtec engagement) will it still run the same as not having it installed... or will i have to tune it to even drive it?

I had my SAFC2 just put in 2 weeks ago and it sat in there with no tuning for 2 weeks and my car ran the same so I would say yes it will run like the VAFC was never installed.

If you don't adjust any of the settings, then yes the fuel maps will stay the same. The VAFC does intercept the VTEC signal from your ECU though, so make sure you have the VTEC on the VAFC initially set to match the ECU's stock setting- otherwise your fuel maps will be off (running in VTEC when it's not supposed to be).

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 24 2004, 08:09 PM
If you don't adjust any of the settings, then yes the fuel maps will stay the same.  The VAFC does intercept the VTEC signal from your ECU though, so make sure you have the VTEC on the VAFC initially set to match the ECU's stock setting- otherwise your fuel maps will be off (running in VTEC when it's not supposed to be).
[post=394442]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks......

Another quick question, whats the purpose of the blue VTM wire? do i need to connect it to the ecu, i have a wire (not hooked to anything ) coming from the ECU(pr3 auto), that the install instructions label as the VTM, do i need to hook this wire up? or is it really neccisarry?

Back