vafc wiring(taking it off)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lakaicrxracer

hey whats i just want to know how to to take off my vafc i just dont want to mess up the engine or anything you know my vafc settings are so messed up i rather just take it off will this cause anything bad to happen thanks

unplug ur battery - clip from the vafc wires and tape ur ends - done little mess left over but oh well plug battery back in ecu is reset - done ! drivable and ready to go

:no:

there are a couple wires that act as circuits, and a couple that act as a splice-in.

by ciricut i mean, the orig ecu wire is cut. engine side is run to 1 wire on the vafc, and out a different wire on the vafc back to the ecu side of the harness.

so, make sure you re-connect the circuit connections.
the splices, you can simply remove and tape up one at a time so no signal jumps.

alright i know theres like 6 splices and theres like 3 circuit connections so i just connect them back right? will anything happen if i take out the vafc or will it be better?? fyi i have a b16 w/some dc headers/type r manifold

Back