vafc wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

darwins_vtech

Hey guys, I just got the APexi. VAFC II. I mounted it and hid the wires. now, when I go to connect it to the ecu harness. I was planning it out(looking it over) and in the book, the pinout for it doesn't show where the VTC cam signal wire goes, or the TDC signal wire goes. I don't know what to do? Are those two wires the ones that were added from the old edition to accomidate the K series motors? DO I even have to hook them up. My set up is. a JDM B16 ODB1 in a 93 civic EX coupe. I have all the other wires marked for easy connection now, but do I have to connect those others? or are they extra? I have a printout of ECU pinouts for a P30 ecu. Its says that B13, is for TDC P , and that B14 is for TDC M. Do I have to hook the TDC wire to one of those? but which one? I guess the main thing that I am asking is, is does anyone know the pinouts for the TDC signal, and the pinout for VTC cam signal. OR do I just not have to hook them up. ----> The only reason that I think they are extra, is because in the book provided by Apexi. they don't show those 2 wires being connected to the ecu harness for my style, but they do for the K series ecu style. I hope someone knows. thanks

Darin

Yea, VTC is the variable cam timing mechanism from the K series, Not sure about the TDC one though.

VTC is Variable overlap Timing Control.

tdc is the top dead center sensor and i'm pretty sure you would need that hooked up. Go to the apexi website and look around. They have all the diagrams and stuff on there and its a lot easier to read.

Back