valve cover gasket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
*edit*
ok, gonna go put this on today.. just wondering if i'm supposed to remove the 4 inner nuts first or the outer 4 first .. and when putting it back on wouldnt i need to do the inner ones first.. i know to go in a criss cross pattern when torquing them down..

ok... i'm gonna be swapping out my VC soon for my newly painted one.. i'm wondering if i need to use a sealer with the gasket or just the gasket itself.. anyone know the torque specs for a b16 valve cover

Last edited:
ive seen it done both ways but ive always used just the gasket by its self and never had a problem

thats why i was asking.. because i've seen both done.. i was just curious which way was the proper way

Clint I usually just use the gasket no sealer but hey better safe than sorry right.....

i'll probably just use the gasket.. u gonna try and roll out to Buttonwillow on the 28th??

I think Honda recommends using high temp rtv on the corners...or that's what I have heard and done in the past. I have never had a leak...not that it's the right way.

Ive started using silicone on the corners as well. The usual place for it to blow on mine is on the front or back, not near the corners anyway. When you remove the bolts, just do them all at the same time in an order just like torque-ing rotation and you should be fine.
Mine only has four bolts though, dont think it makes a difference

Back