Valve cover ground bolt size?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
isnt it 10mm?

i would say ~an inch long - may not help you but thats how long the bolts were on my 92dx.

gimme a sec.....There looks to be about 10mm of thread length. I compared it with other bolts on the valve cover, which the helms says to be 6mm x 1.0mm. If you stripped it, I'd go with a 8 x 1.25mm, since that seems to be the nice size up thread standard for honda. My engine is a b18, but the standards should be the same for your d16.

You can actually relocate that particular bolt from the 'ground-only' bolt to one of the studs that holds the valve cover on, and have no problems with it...as long as it's grounded to the valve cover in some way/shape/form/fashion, you'll be fine

honestly, i dont know why you need that ground anyway. the engine is grounded in plenty of other places. ive noticed zero difference with it on or off. i have it on on my car but i really dont see it doing anything. but yea like will said you can just go to one of the bolts that holds th VC on

still unnecessary IMO. VC ground does nothing. i have mine on the bolt (grounded to the head)

Back