valve springs/retainers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wilshire

Big WIll
i got a b16 and i want to put some skunk2 dual valve springs plus titanium retianers.
should i just go ahead and get new oem valves, valve guides and lifters????

with just retainers and springs and stock cams how high should i be able to rev safely??? i was thinking like nine(stock is 8)

There is no reason to upgrade the valve springs and retainers if you are keeping the stock cams. They will not make any power above the stock rev limit.

If you were going to run upgraded cams sometime in the near future that might be a good time to change the springs, but otherwise I would probably leave them alone.

thanks for all the input, ill just save up for some new cams too. by the way how much whp should i expect from some skunk2 stage 2 cams and valvetrain???

????

Depends on the tune. If you don't get it tuned it won't run that great but with a good tune it will run well and make more power.

from what i heard you cannot tune a stock ecu?? correct me if im wrong
what type of tune program should i run, for a reasonable price?

You don't run a "tune" program. Buy a chipped ecu and go to a tuner who will burn you a map onto a chip that you can plug into your chipped ecu. This is the cheapest way, or if you have the money you can buy an engine management system such as hondata, neptune rtp, crome, ect.

Back