van helsing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just got back. I liked it. There were a couple spots where the CG could have been better. Overall, they were good, and the movie kept my interest the whole time.

I like vampire flics though.

Originally posted by 90 accord@May 8 2004, 11:50 PM
sucks, i was going to go see it as well.

dont go see "envy"... worst movie i have ever seen.

Yeah, I can verify that Envy sucks, good thing I didn't have to pay, lots of my friends work at the local movie theatre, so I never pay for movies anymore. The only good part about the movie was when they were trying to stop the merry go round.

I thought it was good for an action movie. However, it is VERY inaccurate as far as vampires and werewolves are concerned. Fuck Hollywood.

wow, some of you guys actually liked it? I guess we got different tastes. In my opinion, yah, the cg was alright, but the storyline and acting sucked. case in point, this part i thought was hilarious, they are riding in a carriage (horse-powered)...a werewolf pops out and jumps onto the carriage and claws at it...for some ODD reason, the top of the wooden carriage bursts into flames and stays on fire...I was just thinking, wtf? but i tried to reason it out, "maybe there was alcohol on the wood?" but then the carriage flips over and the thing EXPLODES into flames...when i saw that, i bust out laughing, are directors nowadays stupid???

^^^^ahahahah
i was thinking the EXACT same thing

it reminded me of that episode of family guy, when the horse carriage falls off the side of the cliff and the horses and stuff catch on fire..that was a good one

Originally posted by dohch22a4@May 10 2004, 03:40 AM
I thought it was good for an action movie. However, it is VERY inaccurate as far as vampires and werewolves are concerned. Fuck Hollywood.

So vampires and werewolves are for real? Dude, they are all based on fictional stories... lol. Stephen King wrote a story a while ago, that was a neat twist on the more traditional vampire tales... and crucifixes did nothing to stop his monster.

And to Hollywood, what they produce is just light entertaiment fluff and not worth such close scrutiny. Look to the independently produced movies for real substance. There have been some great movies in the past out of the major studios, but it's not the current trend...

Originally posted by lowandslow@May 10 2004, 11:15 AM
should we get roeper and ebert on the phone here?

I wanna talk to Siskel about it, dammit.

It's really too bad that going to see a first-run movie has gotten to be such an expensive night out... no wonder everyone is so hypercritical of them. :(

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@May 10 2004, 10:06 AM
So vampires and werewolves are for real? Dude, they are all based on fictional stories... lol.

Vampires and werewolves aren't real? No shit? Wow. Thanks.

I'm talking about how Van Helsing wasn't accurate as far as accepted lore goes. Werewolves don't bite people and turn them into werewolves. Werewolves are born and are inherently half human, unless of course they are born as metis. BTW, it's Garou, not werewolves or wolfmen. Plus, they can control their shapechanging at will and do not go berserk just because the moon is full. Fuck Hollywood. I'll say it again: fuck Hollywood.

I don't know as much about vampires, but I do know that they don't breed because they don't have sexual organs. Fuck Hollywood.

No sexual organs?!?!?! That'd suck big time to be a vampire.

I saw van helsing, it was pretty good IMO. Kind of hoaxy in some parts, but it was good overall and that stuff doesn't bother me that much. The only thing that sucked was Dracula was a fucking pansy.

vampires do have sexual organs...

they dont breed because drinking blood is the highest point of eroticism ever achieved for a vampire, having sex would pale in comparison... and besides that there body is dead so could not reproduce, but yeah they still have a penis and a vagina :ph34r:

im a big vampire /werewolf fan, ive researched the lore for multiple multiple different cultures

Originally posted by Frankie P.@May 10 2004, 01:43 AM
I was going to watch it, but I will never pay 9.50 to see any movie I am sorry.

Still only 7.75 here... almost worth $16 for me and my girl... Hell, $16 isn't that bad for 2 hours of reasonable entertainment.

Well my and my gf spent 30 bucks at Gameworks, go us $50 dollars in credit though, we were there for a good 3.5 hours, and still had $15 left over.

Back