Venom 400

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I came across a venom 400 and i was wondering how well they work, how hard they are to put in, and how much should i pay for one
thank you

everyone i know that has used them say that they suck whale nuts

isnt VENOM 400 similar to Hondata S100 system or am I way the fuck off track here? this probably belongs in the electronic/ECU forum yO'

good point.. and a hondata s100 system is completely different...
it allows it to be programmed for different fuel curves/ignition maps w/out the added benefit of things like datalogging... 3 step rev limiter etc..

you might as well get a chipped ECU and a ROM burner - you would have more flexibilty and capability than a S100...

S100 = marketing.

Marketing research showed Doug of Hondata that a decent number of people never do any tuning on their own - dealer tuning only, or just run the base tunes. Beyond that, there is a perception at hondata (and based on the kids around here with hondatas, I'd have to agree) that few people know how to tune them right. So few people use their hondata to its fullest potential, so why bother making it tunable at all? Enter: S100... S100 is cheaper, so more ppl who aren't gonna tune can get a hondata because they don't need to drop $$$ for a S200. From a business standpoint, a GREAT decision. From a technical standpoint, leaves something to be desired.

As long as you're happy with what you get, that's what matters.

how much does S200 run, and besides it isnt OBD-0 compatible I'd have to run at ODB-1 correct, which I plan on doing anyway.

Back