1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vibrating Badly

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by stud4u2c17, Mar 28, 2003.

1. stud4u2c17

stud4u2c17 Senior Member

I have an 89 Civic CRX HF, and before i got new tires, when i hit the brakes and when over 55 my front left tire would rattle bad, i checked and it was on there very good, i got new tires n rims and it still does it, what could it be? berring? not sure... well thanks
    TJ

2. try seeking the problem in the wheel bearing. besides that, look at lower control arms, suspension, and steering components.

3. KyleCrews

KyleCrews Senior Member

U also might want to check your rotor to see if its warped. Mine was doing the some thing and i ended up having to get new rotors.

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

sounds like warped rotors to me
    if not then its probly a fucked up axle .... do you notice clicking when you turn?

5. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

vibrating or your wheel actually moving left - right, or moving around the steering axis?

minor to moderate vibration could be the pads/rotors, but wheel movement can be due to a loose control arm/steering linkage. When the brakes take the tension off the steering system, the slack is released and the wheel will move violently. check around. Otherwise it is just most likely your pads or rotors.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted