vibrating sound under dash

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

qtmac_mien

i finally got everything done and hooked up wit my b16. everything all done and wired up. i turned the key to the "ON" position and there is a vibrating sound under my dash next to where the ecu goes. Can anyone tell me what that is?

did the engine start? i can't think of any type of vibrating from that area, are all the wires plugged in? did you put the ecu back on the sidewall where it goes? i am clueless on that i have never heard of an ecu vibrating. wait it could be it was happy to get power and ready to start! :lol: :lol:
sorry had to throw that in! :p

the ecu isnt vibrating and the ecu isnt mounted back yet, just lying on the floor. everything is all pluged in a ready to go. Havent started it yet just turned the key to "ON" position. the vibrating sound is comming from under the passenger side dash. not refering to my car but the sound sounds like a water hose is plugged and it cant get pass.

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Jan 15 2005, 02:08 AM
did the engine start? i can't think of any type of vibrating from that area, are all the wires plugged in? did you put the ecu back on the sidewall where it goes? i am clueless on that i have never heard of an ecu vibrating. wait it could be it was happy to get power and ready to start! :lol: :lol:
sorry had to throw that in! :p
[post=445951]Quoted post[/post]​

aaaaaaaaa it could be the fuel running to the engine i think i know what you are talking about now. that is the only thing i can think of that will give you any kind of sound like that

Originally posted by qtmac_mien@Jan 16 2005, 02:08 AM
how can i check that
[post=446308]Quoted post[/post]​

The main relay is what is vibrating, but it isn't the problem. Put in a new one and the same thing happened. I was told to check my grounds. The ground next to the ECT was loose. I tightened it, but still got no engine start. Then I heard something I had not read here despite hours of searching(here and elsewhere). OBD1 dizzy's have the crank sensor(?) in the distributor, where as my OBD2 car has one on the crank. Everyone said get a dizzy that matches your OBD, so I did. Nobody mentioned I had to get a new oil pump with the sensor in it. With out the sensor the engine will never crank. I either have to get an OBD1 dizzy w/jumper to OBD2, or get a new oil pump and install it.

ok hold on, you sound a little confused. First of all, what is the car, engine, ecu etc. Then either myself or someone else can help with an answer.

Because it sounds like you have and obd2 car and an obd1 b16. If you are using the obd1 ecu in your obd2 car you need to use an obd2>obd1 conversion harness if you do not already. If you don't have one then that is your problem. No need for a new oil pump, distributor etc.

i also have heard the sound you are talking about too. it was an ecu problem/issue

yeah obd 2 engines use a crank sensor for engine position, if your car is obd 1, its best to use the obd 1 harness and put in an obd 1 dizzy, cause like you said, it tells crank position by that not a sensor at the actual crank. like CTR said, no need to get a new oil pump and what not! that will be pricey id imagine!

I didn't get the new oil pump.
I used an OBD1 dizzy, and a jumper. The post titled "Clicking noise" on this forum decribes what I did. After I put the OBD1 dizzy on, the relay stopped clicking and the car started right up. The ecu has to be able to read TDC. I said he has one choice or the other.
$$$$$=OBD2 dizzy/new oil pump-> crank sensor on pump
$=OBD1 dizzy/jumper to OBD2
I chose the cheap route.

Back