Viper ALarm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ExclusiveImports

I got the viper alarm with the auto start but the problem is that the alrm is made for an automatic care can someone tell me how to bypass the clutch because i know it can be done i just dont know how!?

ExclusiveImports said:
I got the viper alarm with the auto start but the problem is that the alrm is made for an automatic care can someone tell me how to bypass the clutch because i know it can be done i just dont know how!?

well good luck to ya cause it isn't a matter of if it is a matter of when you leave it in gear and the car takes off and runs some innocent kid over. and if you can't figure out how to bypass the clutch i would seriously reconsider putting in a remote start not made for a manual transmission.

im not worried about that because i never ever ever leave my car in gear for no reason what so ever so thats not an issue, i just need to kno how to bypass the clutch!

Just jumper the clutch switch near the pedal so your car thinks the pedal is always pressed in.

If you drive stick, you should always park it in gear. Never rely on the ebrake.

If you want remote start installed the right way on a stick, you can either get an alarm intended for manual trans like Compustar, or you can add a tilt sensor to your shifter and connect it to the neutral safety wire.

You can do what the above person suggested, or something similar that leaves the OEM safe guard intact but allows the alarm to bypass it. Just be sure to post up pics of your car hitting the garage door when it inevitably happens.

lol, i feel wat ur saying but where i live i dont need to park it in gear ever nor do i need to worry about leaving it in gear plus my car has a boot so it aint rolling nowhere!

i have the viper alarm w/ the remote start on a manual, i always leave it gear, but i have a shut off switch, basically, when the switch is off, it doesn't give power to the starter telling the computer and the key fob that its not working by beeping three times. i just know that when i want it on i pull it out of gear and flip the switch. good as gold! that switch prevents me from accidental remote starting.

ExclusiveImports said:
lol, i feel wat ur saying but where i live i dont need to park it in gear ever nor do i need to worry about leaving it in gear plus my car has a boot so it aint rolling nowhere!
It's not about where your car is mostly parked, it's about a good and proper habit of yourself about driving a stick, whether it's your car or for after a quick spin of your friend's car.
Never trust your eye and believe this street or wherever driveway has no slope and flat. If I'm your passenger you would get yelled by me in no time.

92DXHatch, considering that I always forget about my kill switch, I would never trust a setup like yours. It's just a matter of time until your car lurchs into your garage door or worse. Especially since DEI alarms are known to auto start when you disconnect and reconnect the battery. One day someone is going to be working on the car and they're going to run themself over. Even if it never happens, the risk simply isn't justified.

The correct thing to do is to take that wire that's going to your switch and run it through a tilt or magnet switch. Mount the magnet to the shifter so that it only grounds when the shifter is in neutral. Testing is crucial here. After you've done that, take the alarms status output - and run that to the clutch. There are two wires going to the clutch switch, a power and a ground. You want the alarm to ground the power side when it's attempting to remote start.

If anyone misuses this information by not using the switch mounted to the shifter, please post pictures of your car smashed into the neighbors car when it happen. It's great entertainment. Same thing goes for people that rely on the ebrake to park their manual transmission cars.

suspendedHatch said:
92DXHatch, considering that I always forget about my kill switch, I would never trust a setup like yours. It's just a matter of time until your car lurchs into your garage door or worse. Especially since DEI alarms are known to auto start when you disconnect and reconnect the battery. One day someone is going to be working on the car and they're going to run themself over. Even if it never happens, the risk simply isn't justified.

it might be a matter of when your car hits a door, i have yet to have a problem of my car jumping, on top of that, this particular system will NOT remote start when changing batteries, i have changed so many batteries in the last year, i have yet to see it start on its own, if anything the remote thinks is unlocked.

a switch is still better than nothing at all! besides, on my key fob, i have to double tap the button in order for it to start, so its unlikley that it will start when the keys are in my pocket.

i will say i like your shifter idea, i agree that is a better route, but to say you can't remember to flick a switch is absurd.

look man, i know you never leave your car in gear and you never let anyone drive your car....but neither did my buddy ivan.

BEFORE

DCAM0032.jpg

DCAM00794.jpg

DCAM0089.jpg

After

DCAM0034.JPG

DCAM0021.JPG

DCAM0024.JPG

DCAM0025.JPG

His dad didnt bother to wake him up to tell him he needed to move his car, his dad just took the keys, moved his car, and left it in gear. When we called him to go out, he woke up, picked up his keys and BOOM, car hit the garage.

The shit happends even when YOU dont leave the car in gear.

yeah, his dad bought him a new jdm front end. so in the end i think he got the best part of that deal.

regardless of if his father bought him the jdm front end what would have happened if there was a kid standing in front of that garage? i still say if your gonna do it do it right buy one for a manual transmission car that is pretty much idiot proof against it doing what was seen in the above pictures.

92dxhatch said:
this particular system will NOT remote start when changing batteries, i have changed so many batteries in the last year, i have yet to see it start on its own, if anything the remote thinks is unlocked.

a switch is still better than nothing at all! besides, on my key fob, i have to double tap the button in order for it to start, so its unlikley that it will start when the keys are in my pocket.

i will say i like your shifter idea, i agree that is a better route, but to say you can't remember to flick a switch is absurd.

Thats why Dei gives you a sticker to put under the hood of the car saying that the car has remote start. It gives warning that it should be disabled before any work is done to the car. You should not tell people it will not start, when the company says other wise. People might get the wrong I deal and it could lead to someone getting hurt. I seen people put there keys in there pocket and start the car by mistake.;)

yes they do give you a sticker but if you actually read the instructions it say NOT FOR USE WITH A MANUAL TRANSMISSION. that sticker will not get you off the hook my friend

i never reviced a sticker with my viper! but non the less, i have been very compitent to always be as careful as possible, a year and a half running and it has yet to remote start on its own or jump by accident.

Back