Virgin Airlines to offer spaceflight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

not really.

how much do you think it costs to develop the technology, test it, train the crew, and buy the fuel?

no i understand the costs and if taken into consideration i can understand why the price has to be so high

i am under the impression though that this is basically go up, be weightless for 5 minutes and come down- unless it's to severly decrease travel times, i think it's pointless- I could find a lot better things to do with 180k than float in the air for 5 minutes but that's just MO

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Sep 28 2004, 07:19 PM
no i understand the costs and if taken into consideration i can understand why the price has to be so high

i am under the impression though that this is basically go up, be weightless for 5 minutes and come down- unless it's to severly decrease travel times, i think it's pointless- I could find a lot better things to do with 180k than float in the air for 5 minutes but that's just MO
[post=395945]Quoted post[/post]​

i read somewhere a trip in space from new york to london would take ~90 minutes, compaired to the 12+ hours of a regular airplane..

ok well in that case, yes it would certainly be worth it

but from what i read in that article it seemed like it was initially just going to be for fun :shrug2:

All the rappers ands movie stars I guarantee would fork out that kind of cash. A lot of people probably carry that kind of cash in their shoe.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 28 2004, 06:54 PM
:blink:
[post=395934]Quoted post[/post]​

Dude, thats like, TOTALLY outta this world dude!

mAD k3Wl y0!

. . . dont quote me on this, but i think in Russia you can do that stuff alread - and fly a mig 29 lol.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Sep 29 2004, 10:28 AM
Virgin Airlines to offer spaceflight, $189,000 for 5 minutes :(

that better come with a virgin for 5 minutes in zero G's for $189K...
[post=396168]Quoted post[/post]​

hahaha . . .:laugh:

but if you think about it, the entire thing is marketed toward people with too much money. . . . people like Gates, Trump, and of corse B.

That barrel roll, and "loss of control" is called "Showboating". It's classic in x-perimental flight.

"oopoopoopoop There we go !"... Prolly staged.

-> Steve

It's still cool as hell. They crashed the spaceshipone in ... February I think. And it survived well.

Back