Vitara pistons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was wondering, I've herd really good things about these pistons..well the real ones. But what I'm wondering is seeing that it's a floating wrist pin, will it fit on a D15b2 rod? I would image it would but I just wanted to ask the experts. I know it will fit the jdm d15b but thats pretty much the same crank/rod as the d16.

Thanks

there would be little benefit using vitara pistons on stock d15 rods as they are even thinner(weaker) than d16 rods.
assuming this is for a 'turbo build'. if not you are going the wrong way with compression.
you are better off using d16 block/crank/i-beam or h-beam rods with your vitara pistons.

alright because I was thinking of just biting the bullet and buying a jdm d15b crank, the vitara pistons, and the d16 rods, I know that would work but I just wasn't sure what the difference was between the d15 and d16 rods were, like strength wise.

that is do-able because the d15b vtec has a 'special' crankshaft that uses d16 rods, and d16z6/a6 oil pump and d16 everything else except main and thrust bearings(d15b7, for those) and timing belt (CX).
but the easiest way to get a d15b vtec crank is to buy the short block.
just make sure you get one without a spun bearing or you are back to square one.

Back