Voided Warranty

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey guys, my brother has a 2001 Mustang Cobra and he has kept it pretty much stock for the most part with the exception of changing out the exhaust and adding the cold air intake. I'm not gonna get into the whole story (very long and boring) but Ford is trying to say that his exhaust is the cause for his car overheating. Personally I think he blew a head gasket and they won't do a compression test on it b/c of the aftermarket parts. I know there are a few websites that are out there about car owners rights and warranty info on aftermarket parts. Can anyone tell me what they are? Thanks

Here you go (the exact page you need from sema.org)

http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8124

here is an exerp from the text which pretty much addresses your situation:

(under the heading "The Law"):

"With regard to aftermarket parts, the spirit of the law is that warranty coverage cannot be denied simply because such parts are present on the vehicle, or have been used (see Attachment A). The warranty coverage can be denied only if the aftermarket part caused the malfunction or damage for which warranty coverage is sought. Disputes in this area usually boil down to arguments over facts and technical opinions, rather than arguments over interpretations of the law."

thats mad ghey wat happened to him...i used to have a Ford man theyd bitch if u put rims on makin all sorta shit claims

n yes my old whip was a ZX3 (stop laughing) it was a good car until i went over a curb at 55 :lol:

RIP Focus...much love but nowadays Ford sux they send their only decent Sport compact the Turbo Focus w/e it is to europe o well screw em...

if u want a decent ford get a 68 stang fastback w/ a 390 then well talk

FORD First On Race Day or Fix Or Repair Daily :lol:

thats a great movie...but neway just vented a little on the unfairness the domestic auto manufacturers put on tuners...i mean Dom. veh. rnt bad its just that ... well uhhh

Uhh...my...my...my Stapler?

Honda 4 life.

Go to the dealer and tell them to PROVE TO YOU how the exhaust caused the overheating.

If they cannot prove how the exhaust caused that, take them to court if they still say that they won't cover it.

Fuck communist dealers.

WERD...but i read something awhile ago on how liek a person added a chip to a Zetec (ZX3 engine) n they sued Ford n they didnt get nething n tehy went thru all thsi trouble for nothing

in my honest opinion

tell ur bro to ditch the stang n buy a Rex/civ/ or other HONDA n shove n H22 in that biotch

same as a stang only FF n w/o a few creature comforts AND minus the poor service record n reputation of Ford :lol:

Originally posted by sablo16@Jul 25 2003, 01:23 AM
WERD...but i read something awhile ago on how liek a person added a chip to a Zetec (ZX3 engine) n they sued Ford n they didnt get nething n tehy went thru all thsi trouble for nothing

in my honest opinion

tell ur bro to ditch the stang n buy a Rex/civ/ or other HONDA n shove n H22 in that biotch

same as a stang only FF n w/o a few creature comforts AND minus the poor service record n reputation of Ford :lol:

I almost NEVER flame people about their grammar since I can't spell or write worth shit. But come on, this just seems like you're being lazy rather then not knowing what you're doing.

Both bad choices.

1 swapping H22
2. using N every other word

What gets me is you spell my honest opinion right and do not use IMO.
More reason to believe you're just being lazy.

Jeff

also, if ur keeping years the same, a h22 wont fit in CRX's an d ef civic's unless ur bro wants a fucknig lot of work. b18c, all the way.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jul 25 2003, 12:24 PM
2. using N every other word

What gets me is you spell my honest opinion right and do not use IMO.
More reason to believe you're just being lazy.

:werd:

That got on my nerves too.

So, I just stop reading his posts due to pure annoyance.

Thanks for the info guys, I passed it on to my brother but he has other plans. Tonight he is going to see a "friend" at a Honda dealer and he's looking at getting an Accord. I tried to talk him into an s2000 or even an Si but he's 30 (not saying that 30 is old) and he's gotten all of his fast as hell driving out of the way so he says. I say give him a few months and he'll start all over with the rims. A few other people have told me about Ford Motor Credit Comp. and to avoid them but I say I'm an import girl anyways so I already knew that. Thanks again. :)

Originally posted by sablo16@Jul 25 2003, 12:58 AM
FORD First On Race Day or Fix Or Repair Daily :lol:

dont forget Found On Road Dead

and whats so bad about swapping an H22? Or is it just that case involving a CRX?

in any civic/integra it throws off the handling
in a CRX (ef) it just doesnt fit without a lot of hammering/cutting/welding

yes i am lazy kiss my ass...lol...

at any rate...installing an H22 is a real ball buster but i heard there was a kit you can buy to simplify the process a friend of mine is doing the swap into a 90 CRX but Ive seen just a stock Rex run 12's w/ just the H22 under the hood no other modifications cept exhaust

i think its more than worth it but yes the b18c is more practical and yes the handling sux...altho i am a pure b16/b20 kinda guy :lol:

but if ur bro has any common sense he'll get an s2000 in a recent article in car and (! happy dveit?) driver it outhandled the 350z, a bmw, and (!) all these other roadsters and since hes 30 its all the more reason to get one...it pisses me off when i see like 50 year old guys driving them...just tho the kids in the truck :lol:

thats just my .02 cents feel free to flame all you want

Originally posted by sablo16@Jul 25 2003, 05:26 PM
installing an H22 is a real ball buster but i heard there was a kit you can buy to simplify the process

yeah heres the "kit"

mallet.jpg

B00005NMU2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

L_SP175%20Plus.jpg

LMAO...nice one...im sure thats exactly what my friend has resorted to using at this point

Isnt there a kit though offered by Halsport or something like that...idk i barely recall the name of the manu.

just wondering

the hasport kits are for 5th and 6th gens

Well here's the skinny on my brother's car issue. He traded his 'stang for a 2003 Accord v6. It looks pretty nice and is pretty peppy. He got $19,000 for his cobra and bought the accord for $21,000 (he got the hook up) so at least now he doesn't have to deal with Ford and their bullshit warranty.

Back