Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ground Control Sleeves, KYB AGX Shocks

• Ground Control Sleeves, Bilstein Self-Adjusting Shocks

• Other (please specify, must cost under 1000 and tell w

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Circuit

Pick whichever you think provides the ebst ride quality with good handling. If you pick other, please tell why you picked what you did and it MUST cost under 1000. If you pick something and would like to explain why you picked it, feel free to post, just don't say "because they are the best" :blink:

Dude, Skunk2 coilovers will bust bust your ass. Trust me, I have them. Tein is phooking awesome and that's all you need to know.

DUDE wheres the JICs? I think tein is a good brand but i dont think i could bring my self to spend that much on any coilover other then the JIC magics

Originally posted by UDT@Feb 2 2004, 08:49 PM
DUDE wheres the JICs? I think tein is a good brand but i dont think i could bring my self to spend that much on any coilover other then the JIC magics

JICs cost > 1k

Originally posted by Circuit@Feb 2 2004, 03:15 PM
Pick whichever you think provides the ebst ride quality with good handling.

Uh, what do YOU think qualifies as good ride quality? I doubt that anyone here has ridden/driven every single one of these setups. Go out and read what all the shocks' specs are, then find out what all the spring rates are (from the companies)- then make your decision.

Originally posted by Circuit+Feb 3 2004, 03:34 AM-->
@Feb 2 2004, 08:49 PM

JICs cost > 1k

JIC has more than one line of suspension, and some cost WELL over a grand, but they like every other company have a lower line that sacrificies some adjustability, fo price.

everything up there won't ride like stock.
if you want a cadalac, but a cadalac.
if you have a weak back, buy a cadalac
if you want to perform the best out of all those, the SS gets my vote.

ground controls are ruled out by me mostly because they come in so many different spring rates, and that directly effects the ride harshness.

Other......as in Apex WS

Not sure what you meen by ride quality. If you are talking about close to stock I would have to say Apex WS. I have a friend that has a set on his teg and it rides softer than the Tein SS on its softest setting, and it doesn't really matter what you put cheap sleaved coilovers with because they will always ride harch. I my self have a set of great Tein SS on my EK hatch. I love them. Great performance at almost exactly a grand. But still not as soft as the Apex WS. From what I have heard the Tein basic which cost around 700 are supposed to be very soft more so than the Apex world sport. Just what I have heard though.

neuspeed has a set of a coilover-shock combo...supposed to be pretty bad ass

I voted Tein SS because of the same reason brian did. The GCs have like 10 different spring rates, and im not sure which is which. One of my friends has GCs and reds on his civic and its super comfortable, but it has a LOT of travel. Another has GCs and yellows on his lude and its stiff as fuck (but so is the rest of his car). Tein SS is good for both DD and the occassional track day, so it gets my vote.

Back