VSS on 94 GSR motor in 93 DA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

scottp11

The Seniorest Member....
I just bought a '93 integra with a '94 GSR motor in it, with a '94 P72 ecu. I am trying to clear the check engine lights but one in peticular is stumping me... I got a code for the VSS. The tranny is a YS1 cable tranny and the VSS is hooked straight up to a cable to the speedometer. (I think that's where it goes to...) I know the P72 is looking for an electronic signal from the VSS, but I don't see where I could hook it up to this VSS. I thought about changing to a later year VSS, but where would the speedometer cable go to?

Also, the speedo doesn't read any mph's right now.... Anyone got any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Check to see if the cable is all the way down and firmly secured into the vehicle speed sensor in the transmission. And if it is then also check and make sure theres nothin weird with the cable behind the cluster. If the cable is functioning then you should get a mph readout. and then if thats working the speed signal will also be output from another portion of the cluster and eventually make it back to the ecu. As long as the new ecu is properly wired up, then it should be receiving the vehicle speed just as the old ecu used to. i suppose there is also a chance that the mechanism in the cluster itself is fubared.

Cool, I'll check that tomorrow after work. Thanks man.

Check to see if the cable is all the way down and firmly secured into the vehicle speed sensor in the transmission. And if it is then also check and make sure theres nothin weird with the cable behind the cluster. If the cable is functioning then you should get a mph readout. and then if thats working the speed signal will also be output from another portion of the cluster and eventually make it back to the ecu. As long as the new ecu is properly wired up, then it should be receiving the vehicle speed just as the old ecu used to. i suppose there is also a chance that the mechanism in the cluster itself is fubared.

Alright, I think I fixed that. I have one more check engine light to fix... code 20, Electronic Load Detector. I read that it could possibly be a grounded circuit or a crossed wire in the ECU wiring. I have went over pretty much the whole wiring so... The haynes manual says to replace the entire underhood fuse box.... :huh: Anyone have any ideas about this?

Back