Vss

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

racer_XX

this may be a stupid question but if i have a p28 ecu and i dont have my vehicle speed sensor installed will it not let me get any spark?

on my wiring diagram i have a pinout b10 yel/blu ecu for vss going to the vss sensor and another wire ign power going to it aswell adn the wss grounding. 3 wires.

on another note do i need a siganl from the cluster to the ecu? if so what olour is the wire? obd1

tells me the vss sensor has 3 wires one going to the ecu one coming from a junction spliced to the main relay and then going to the under dash fuse box,fuse 12, and one ground coming out of the sensor. i dont have the sensor plugged it or attached in anyway.

ah i see, nvm its the inigtion from the actual key ignition thats what teh abreviation means......well im still stuck on my mini me with no spark and no fuel. the rail fills up and pressurizes but nuthin comin out. new dizzy all grounds all powers. need help

nah there not clogged there not even dripping, none are firing. i think its my dizzy or maybe i just gotta re-wire it all and shield winding on all the dizzy wires everywhere.

alot of manufacturers assign the fuel supply management and ignition managment to the ecm which gets its informations from the sensors located inside the distributer providing the information to the computer to manage the fuel supply and ignition. bad sensors in the dizzy no fuel, or no signal from the dizzy to the computer no fuel.

thank you, clarified alot. so its not working because there's no signal, due to wire cut, bad connection, interferance etc correct?

well i did all the wiring myself = S. i am getting fuel in the rail .my pump turns on, i got all 3 clicks from my relay, its a p28 mini me d15b2 block y8 head. only codes i have are v-tec pressure switch (i havent connected), ect for the rad fan (havent connected) and iat (bad sensor). no other codes. no spark no fuel. dizzy is obd2, did the wire conversion, checked it a million times.

sweet thanks alot Blanco really helped me out, even if its not the problem. u got some good info. ill keep u posted.

well i hooked up my fan, ect sensor, and ecu all together and i was all excited to see if i got ride of my ECT code so i go in jump the connector and find out the ECU wont throw me any codes except one solid light stayin on no matter what i do. any reason for this? didnt unplug ecu just wired ect and fan. any ideas?

i thought so to...... = ( any ideas? ill try to pull the fuse and try again. how long will it take the comp to read fault codes considering it wont start? 2 3 tries turning it over? any help would help at this point

good news! or maybe bad? so i was unpluggin my fuse like u said to see maybe if it did sumthin and as i was turning the key over a couple times to try the jumper i noticed my fuel pump wasnt turning on anymore and my relay was no longer activating. so i figure i cut a power wire from the feul relay to give power to my fan relay. and if i remeber correctly the relay also gives power to the ECU? could that be the reason for a solid cel code? i only had enough tiem to figure that out for now. on saturday i will verify the problem with my no longer working relay.

I fixed my relay, bad power wire. then proceeded to hook up my fan and my ECT, fixed my IAT. errased my codes and all i have left to do is the VTEC oil pressure switch, which i haevtn hooked up yet. So i turned over my engine and.........I GOT SPARK!! Thanks blanco ECT was causin no spark, needed its input. now the car wont start but im assumin from messin with the dizzy so much and jumpin the wires ireally set off the timing. so im going to redo the ignition timing, drain the coolant and oil, replace, and try to get the bad boy started. on a side note i need new lower control arms, preferrably reinforced. i have found rear ones but no front. if any of u no where i can get some please let me no.

Back