Vtec and Oil

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accordturbo94

Hey guys ive tryed posting this before and got no answer! I did my swap and added a vtec controller if this will effect anything! I get my CEL light right away when i start my car! Its tells me vtec oil psi switch! Well I went to my helms manual and it says check the switch itself.. and so i did.. i even changed it with my stock f22's and it still came on! I than checked for voltage... i put the meter ends on the connecter one in each hole of the connector... i get the 13 volts!!! So there cant be a bad connection! What gives!

As for the vtec controller its the v-afc and I never have tryed the car with out the controller so im assuming it didnt work as soon as i swapped in the motor!

I just checked on apexi's website.. and there is no way I would have messed up the vtec oil prs. switch adding it! There are no wires you need to connect to the psi lines just the vtec solenoid

Who and how were the connections made on the VAFC. I have fixed many of these very problems, all steming from the installation of the VAFC.

I would try removing it for a little while and see if that fixes your problem.

You know I was thinking that! But it would have no effect! I looked on apexi's website like I said... and nothing would have been crossed! Any the v-afc functions properly! Its just hard to believe im getting voltage from the harness to the psi gauge but its off! And I couldnt have flucked it up when I installed the motor cause it comes stock with vtec!

But hey get this...... I dont know whats going on here but when i turn the key on my cooling fan comes on right away! and when i disconnect the Oil psi switch it turns off... and vs versus when I plug it back in!! Now I know the accord has basically all the same switched for the cooling switched and the one in the front is not plugged it! Its ushually on the top radiator hose that goes into the motor! The jdm prelude does not have one! But I do have the one connected in at the back of the motor where the thermostate is!

This is confusing but I thought it would be better to make the apparent... maybe to help solve my problem!

To make things more confusing I only have one fan on my radiator... it should have two but when i did my turbo i took one off! Unfortently Im not sure if the fan use to come on right away before! But I dont think it did... but im not ++

man ur sick, anyways is ur engine jdm?? ther was a post somehwere around here that said that the jdm engine dont have vtec solenoid pressure switches or sumthing and that sets off a code. u gotta use a usdm solenoid

Well your the first to respond to that! lol! yeah ive tryed the one ony my f22 and thats didnt help!

your fan is not getting a signal, so it spins. If you plugged it in to a switch, then it would go off I believe. I used the waterneck from my accord, and the original switch that was in there. Ten minute job.

I'm with the other guys, I'd take out the VAFC, and try it.

it sounds like you have the plugs for your oil press switch and your cooling fan relay switch crossed. they have the same plug. the oil press. switch should be green on both sides (the switch and the plug) and the cooling fan relay switch should be gray on both sides. theycould be different colors on the jdm motor, i cant remember it has been a while since ive done that swap. this is most likely your problem though.

Yeah Im an idiot! I found out the VTM wire that i was suppost to splice into was really the oil psi! So now i have to figure out if i have a VTM signal or what ever you want to call it! thanks and sorry guys

Back