Vtec Basic Settings?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondaflr

just wondering if there are any articals that i can use basic settings to start off and tweak around that are for h22.

Dyno the motor with just the regular lobes, and then just with the vtec lobes. Where those torque curves cross is where your vtec point should be

:concur:
That would give you the most torque all the time, and a smooth transition into VTEC.

right on.. if you're looking for a base map, try 4800

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Jul 30 2004, 02:59 PM
Dyno the motor with just the regular lobes, and then just with the vtec lobes. Where those torque curves cross is where your vtec point should be
[post=370436]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorry to jack...

So when you say dyno with just regular lobes, do you mean disable vtec and do a run?? How do you do a run with just vtec lobes?? force vtec always on?

I'm going to dyno my H22 soon and just want to confirm this.

Originally posted by ohmstable+Aug 2 2004, 11:10 PM-->
liquid00meth
@Jul 30 2004, 02:59 PM
Dyno the motor with just the regular lobes, and then just with the vtec lobes.  Where those torque curves cross is where your vtec point should be
[post=370436]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorry to jack...

So when you say dyno with just regular lobes, do you mean disable vtec and do a run?? How do you do a run with just vtec lobes?? force vtec always on?

I'm going to dyno my H22 soon and just want to confirm this.
[post=371765]Quoted post[/post]​

you could program a chip to engage VTEC way early, like 4000-4500, and make a run. Or, use a VTEC controller.

basically, set vtec to come on at like 8k
and then at like 2k

where one makes more power than the other, thats your ideal x-over point

I'd like to add that, 4800 seems too low for a stock valvetrain H22. At least, a JDM H22. 5000 is probably a good starting point. I tinkered with that with my old JDM H22, and anything below 5000 tended to bog quite a bit.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 3 2004, 12:30 PM
I'd like to add that, 4800 seems too low for a stock valvetrain H22. At least, a JDM H22. 5000 is probably a good starting point. I tinkered with that with my old JDM H22, and anything below 5000 tended to bog quite a bit.
[post=371983]Quoted post[/post]​

My VTEC hits at 5k, not 5200. To the best of my knowledge, my ECU is stock. Automatic JDM P13.

I do not bog at all, and I was thinking of trying 4800 in the future. The only reason is because of my gearing, and dropping out of VTEC if I don't shift at a high RPM(over 7k, probably 7500). A couple hundred RPM's would be a nice shift point for my car.

Maybe it had something to do with my being at altitude. I had a stock 5-speed JDM P13. Ahhh well, whatever. The point was, I felt I was engaging a tad too high, maybe 200 rpm or so. But I wouldn't go much further down than that.

Back