vtec controller

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

WkEdSoL

my car got robbed, & my vtec controller was stolen.
whoever it was unplugged it from the harness only.
& now my car won't start, it turns over but doesn't start. before i unwire the harness from the ecu, & wire it directly again, is that a possibility why it won't start, or would it still fire up with the harness still wired in?

Did you check all the wiring, fuel dilevery, injectors etc... if it was stolen dont you think they tried ripping shit off?

yea, i checked all of that, they unplugged it at the harness & just took the unit only, & of course my head unit & cd's & my tach, but they didnt get anything else.
i've had the car garaged since then, & i just been chillin on it over the winter tryin 2 get it back to how it was, but the damn thing WILL NOT start, i dont get it, theres fuel, spark, everything is correct.

Last edited:
nah bro i just got a new battery ...
i'm at a loss, i'm about 2 just re-wrire it

it wont start cuz of the MAP sensor that was connected to the vafc just reconnect the MAP on your harness and the car should start and sorry to hear about your loss!!!

just borrow a buddies VAFC.... plug it in and set all your Maps back down to stock and give the VAFC back to your buddy.... therefore your car can start once again without it and you dont have to rush into purchasing a new one just yet....

Yea that's exactly what i just did, i didn't feel like re-wiring it, so i borrowed my cousin's, & well that was the problem, sweet
too bad it's not spring yet, i'm dyin to go cruisin, but the cars not done yet :(

Back