vtec cuts out while driving

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Helm Manual says to check for continuity between connector and ground connector and power to A4 on ECU then do the same to the assembly. See if you can get a hold of these specs. I am lazy today and don't want to relay all the info from my Helm to here lol You can then make a decision (based on t continuity data) to try a different VTEC assembly or a different ECU

Last edited:
just try swapping out you vtec, the solenoid and all, its only a few bolts, 10mm i think, holding it to the head... any obd1 vtec should swap right in..if that doesnt work, maybe check your oil pump, pickup may be clogged, i mean it can be alot of things. check your nil line for the vtec and make sure its not broke or off. just look around and check everything, you will figure it out eventually. is the vtec solenoid grounded? check that too

Am having problems with the vtec or idk wat it is but when I hit 5000rpm it does like a cloght on it
It shakes and doesn't want 2 engage please need help on it I did oil pump pressure test vacum test 4 restriction , and idk wat else could it be my vtec pump that's mesd up?
I cleaned the filter on the vtec 2???m

Am having problems with the vtec or idk wat it is but when I hit 5000rpm it does like a cloght on it
It shakes and doesn't want 2 engage please need help on it I did oil pump pressure test vacum test 4 restriction , and idk wat else could it be my vtec pump that's mesd up?
I cleaned the filter on the vtec 2???m

I also have this problem. I can hit vtec once in first gear and maybe second and then the vtec quits working. I can turn the car off and back on and it will hit once again and quit. My motor is a B16A2 in a 93 Del Sol Si and the motor it converted to OBD1. I don't know what ECU I have the sticker is gone but it's a speed innovation chipped ECU. I'm sure I have a CEL but my CEL isn't hooked up so I can't get the code. Does anyone know how my CEL may be unhooked? Could it be a wire from the ECU?

Back